Good waterblock that fits on a x800 ?

iddqd

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, I ordered an x800xtpe... don't know when it will be here, but now I have to worry about watercooling for it - since I was originally going to get the Swiftech block; but now that I got an ATi card, it's supposedly, incompatible with it. Anyway, what do you guys thinkg the best waterblock for x800xtpe is? No, I'm not looking at modding an LR Storm G5 to fit on a video card at this point...

maze 4 is fine, just set mine up... I oced my x800xtpe to 612 with it and its still load about 35 c

Yeah, but it's either unavailable, or costs around $90(MSRP is $58) :(. Comes to think of it - why doesn't the Swiftech MCW50 fit on x800's? They have identical mounting to 9800, and it definetly fits all those 9800xt cards... :confused:

I'm waiting for some new hoses and will be installing Innovatek's waterblock.

I really like the idea of watercooling the ram, and Innovatek's is the only one to support it.

Watercooling ram is pointless... unless it's chilled, of course.

iddqd said:
Yeah, but it's either unavailable, or costs around $90(MSRP is $58) :(. Comes to think of it - why doesn't the Swiftech MCW50 fit on x800's? They have identical mounting to 9800, and it definetly fits all those 9800xt cards... :confused:

I'm running mcw50's on x800pro vivo, r9700pro and ti4600; I'd only need an adapter if I upgraded the nvida card ;)

Shumph said:
This si the best gpu cooler out there right now (IMO)

I take it you mean the SL? The SL is the exact same as the HL, but the HL is thicker on the top to avoid ramsinks, there are no differences besides that in the waterblocks.

x800xtpe019yh.jpg

Here's a pic btw.

I just put on a Polarflo TT wb on my X800 and am pretty impressed. I had an ATI Silencer on there which did a really good job but I got tired of it being so big and I needed an excuse to change my wc setup around. ;) With the Silencer on there I was idleing at 36c and load at 58c. With the Polarflo I'm at 26c/36c.

I dunno why we dug this thread up, but I've now tried the Maze4 since the innovatek.

My innovatek was hooked up to a koolance 1/4" kit and load temps got up to 50c sometimes.

My Maze4 hooked up to the 12v liang-based pump with 1/2" hoses and BIce extreme II radiator with no CPU in the loop. I haven't been above 40c even at more than 1.8vcore

Back