Good USB sound card?

Joined
Oct 3, 2006
Messages
3
What would be a decent type of USB sound card to buy? It doesnt have to be anything fancy, just something that plays back sound and records sound okay. And where could I find it? (newegg?)
 
I'm still waiting for my 0404 USB to arrive. They emailed me Tuesday and said it shipped but the tracking number they gave me is invalid so I don't have a clue where it is right now.
 
I'm still waiting for my 0404 USB to arrive. They emailed me Tuesday and said it shipped but the tracking number they gave me is invalid so I don't have a clue where it is right now.

Let us know what you think of it. I've had no problems with mine, and the music is fantastic. Some people over on the HeadFi forums are reporting popping and crackling sounds.
 
Let us know what you think of it. I've had no problems with mine, and the music is fantastic. Some people over on the HeadFi forums are reporting popping and crackling sounds.
EMU is part of Creative right?...
 
I believe that E-MU was acquired by Creative, and is operating as a separate subsidiary business-- having its own development/management team.
 
Let us know what you think of it. I've had no problems with mine, and the music is fantastic. Some people over on the HeadFi forums are reporting popping and crackling sounds.

Yea, I've read those threads at headfi. Their problem is related to USB and I am planning to connect my 0404 to the digital out on my Santa cruz. I only want the 0404 for headphone usage so don't need to connect it to USB.
 
Yea, I've read those threads at headfi. Their problem is related to USB and I am planning to connect my 0404 to the digital out on my Santa cruz. I only want the 0404 for headphone usage so don't need to connect it to USB.

My 0404 usb should arrive on Monday, along with my hd580s. I also plan to just run spdif from x-fi to it, no usb. I'll post impressions when it gets here.
 
Back
Top