burritoincognito
Gawd
- Joined
- Sep 17, 2012
- Messages
- 767
I'm having a bit of a problem: the tools that were pretty good for testing reliability a decade ago don't seem to be able to stress the new systems.
Prime 95? A classic, and my old go-to. It's maxing out 24 cores. Yay.
But it's using 2GB of RAM...I've got another 126GB to test out. I'd rather not have task manager showing 100% CPU, 5% RAM.
I won't have the software it's supposed to run in our environment until Friday, I want to have a good burn in before then. So, what would you guys recommend, freeware, ideally no installation (portable files are good, as this system should be as clean as possible), to stress a 12 core CPU, 128GB RAM, and a Quadro P5000 before we start having this engineering modeling for us?
Prime 95? A classic, and my old go-to. It's maxing out 24 cores. Yay.
But it's using 2GB of RAM...I've got another 126GB to test out. I'd rather not have task manager showing 100% CPU, 5% RAM.
I won't have the software it's supposed to run in our environment until Friday, I want to have a good burn in before then. So, what would you guys recommend, freeware, ideally no installation (portable files are good, as this system should be as clean as possible), to stress a 12 core CPU, 128GB RAM, and a Quadro P5000 before we start having this engineering modeling for us?