Good times with VB and PocketPC

evildre

[H]F Junkie
Howdy, people. I'm trying figure out how to do something for PocketPC that, I hope, someone already knows.

Basically, I need something that kind of mimics windows inside an application. I'd like to have an area on the screen in which boxes representing application windows appear. These windows can be resized and moved.

First of all, is this at all possible using VB on PocketPC 2003 SE? If not, is it possible with another language? One way or another, I'd like to get something like this done on such a device ... the application will do many other things, but this one hurdle is what I'd like to get over so I can tackle the rest.

Check out the Beta for VB.NET 2005, it come with the necessary libraries for Pocket PC.

Whether or not you can still download it I don't know, Visual Studio 2005 ships on November 7th. I DO have the Visual Studio 2005 disc if you're interested.

I believe the beta vb.net 2005 is still available for download ... at least, it was last week when I checked it out :D That, and we probably have a copy of it floating around at work ... and if we don't, I can use my workplace's MSDN subscription to get it.

VB.NET 2003 has the libraries for Pocket PC built in as well. I have been testing my ideas in the emulator as well as on an HP iPAQ 4155. The problem is, I'm not sure how to approach the thing I'm trying to accomplish.

One more time before I let it die ... is it impossible to do something like this in VB?

Back