Good things to look for when buying a new digital camera?

Well, i dont know where to put this so i guessssssss it can go here(?)...Anyways, i might be getting a digital camera tomarrow, and i klnow that the more megapixels the better, and 5mp looks/sounds pretty decent from what ive seen...but what else is there to look for when buying a digital camera.???

p.s. if you could recommend a good brand or model taht would be great (my price max is $200)

all replys will eb greatly appreciated :)

EDIT: lol i jsut found the photography&video thread under hobbies, lol sorry mods please move, my bad!

ok ive narrowed my camera selection to two cameras.....

The canon powershot A95 and the Nikon 7600....

The a95 is 299with 5mp and the nikon is 349with 7.1mp....im kinad leaning toward the nikon for its small size and higher mp for only $50more...and i dont know if any of these take fast pics either, which i would like......so if you guys have any opnions/facts i would like to hear what you guys ahve to say!

any comments/replys will be greatly appreciated :)

If you want to stay closer to your $200 price point, you could get the Canon A520. You'd be happy.

well now my price range is a litte higher because im going to split the cost wiht my parents ebasue they are nice like that :)

so which one would be better, the a95 or the nikon 7600?

Personally, I'd go with the A95, but you should go to the store and look at them first.

i did, the nikon one was allot smaller and it has 7mp compared to the bigger a95 with less mp(5)... i like the way they both look and feel whichis almost the same except for the size...but will the 7mp be a bigger difference compared to the 5mp of the a95?

I didn't check the cameras but just as a general note...
Ignore Digital Zoom. Optical Zoom is the only zoom you should care about.

yeah make sure you get a camera with optical zoom, I made the mistake of getting one without it. I assumed it would have a 50mm film lens equivilent and I would be fine but it's a 35mm film lens equivilant and digital zoom sucks.

Back