Good thin keyboard?

ZoSo

Limp Gawd
I'm in the market for a new keyboard. Since I game I want it to be wired and with a num pad.
I love the style of the diNovo Edge and that's basically the style I'm looking for, something thin and sleek.
I tried the Razer Lycosa and really liked it, thought I had what I wanted, thin, laptop style keys, minimal key stroke travel, but the MM pad on it worked on it maybe 15% of the time and found out that a lot of other people had the same problem, so I sent it back.
Been looking around, haven't seen too much yet, so I figured maybe someone here might know of a few I could look at.

TIA,

YEAH! That Moshi Celesta keyboard looks like it's it!
Did you get the white or black one? and do you know if the black one comes with blue led?

YEAH! That Moshi Celesta keyboard looks like it's it!
Did you get the white or black one? and do you know if the black one comes with blue led?
White/titanium keyboard FTW!

I think the black one's blacklight is red.

White/titanium keyboard FTW!

I think the black one's blacklight is red.
Are they backlit on the white one, or is just the glass lit?
Sorry for these questions, but they didn't have much info on there site.

The apple k/b looks ok, but the Moshi is more what I'm looking for.

Are they backlit on the white one?
Yep, the white one has blue backlighting. One of the main reasons I chose white was because it masks dust/fingerprints MUCH better than black. The enclosed felt cover keeps the keys nice and clean, too.

I tried both the apple aluminum and the moshi celesta before finally settling on the apple. I preferred the feel/action of the apply to the moshi, but YMMV.

I tried both the apple aluminum and the moshi celesta before finally settling on the apple. I preferred the feel/action of the apply to the moshi, but YMMV.
HA! I did just the opposite and chose the Moshi. The Apple felt to me like my old MacBook's keyboard which I really never liked.

Do the keys on the keyboard respond and snap back up well? I used to have the logitech dinovo combo and the space bar gets stuck. Otherwise, I prefer laptop keys.

I love my diNovo...not the new one, the old one...but yeah, I can see how a number pad would be beneficial for gaming, the Celesta looks like a good choice.

I have been using this for a few months now and I like it quite a bit. Its nice if you are looking for a cheap alternative. There is two versions and the one I got from newegg was the one with a normal size enter key not the big one pictured.

I have been using this for a few months now and I like it quite a bit. Its nice if you are looking for a cheap alternative. There is two versions and the one I got from newegg was the one with a normal size enter key not the big one pictured.

Yeah the one with the smaller Enter key is the old version. I have that one sitting right next to me hooked to my Ubuntu box. Loved it.... to death lol. I wore off the letters on the WASD keys and managed to break the numpad enter button off in a way that it can't go back on. But while it worked I loved it.

Well I happened to ride by a Bestbuy today and stopped in, figured I may as well being it's the only one near me and it's almost an hour away. And they had the apple k/b both versions(wired w/num and wireless) so I bought it. Figured if I didn't like it I could either take it back or sell it.
Only wish someone local or close to local carried the Moshi so I could compare the two.
I'm likeing this one so far, the typing action is so much nicer then what I was useing, a Merc Stealth.
Going to try gaming with it a little later on and see how it does. I do miss the backlit keys though.

Little update:
Did a little gaming with it and it works fine so far.
Also I found this nice little program to remap keys, I just remapped the media keys, for now, to what they represent on the keyboard itself, worked great.
SharpKeys

Back