Good Temperature Monitor

jenkins

Limp Gawd
Hello, I'm running an Intel 530 processor w/ stock fan and thermal tape. I've been looking at my BIOS, and I'm getting temps of up to 145C. Knowing that this is pretty much impossible, I'm figuring I need to get a more accurate reading. I know the Intel Active Monitor pretty much sucks, and I just need to know if there is anything better. Thanks,

-jenkins

Motherboard Monitor is what ive used.

Are you looking for a software or hardware solution?

But that only asks the BIOS for the temps... I believe that you'll only get the same readings.

Stoopid Guy is right. A hardware solution is needed in order to get around the bios. Could try reseating everything :confused: before you end up dishing out cash for an aftermarket temp. sensor.

MBM is outdated and does not support my DFI LanParty UT 250gb - displays wrong temps, I would recommend it, if you board is just NF2 or same age VIA counterpart

SpeedFan is pretty good, but it shows the temps as temp1 temp2 temp3 hd01 hd02

I can pretty much tell which temp is which but its a little annoying.

Hmonitor is very good also but it's shareware and a sucky 1 week trial period.

anyone else have other Ideas, I need a new temp guage/monitor! :)

go to the intel site and download Intel Active Monitor, worked good for me back when i was on the other side :p

Heheh I'm just wondering what speedfan is reading as my temp3... cause I'm pretty sure it's not that cold anywhere in my case... no phase-change here.

speedfan.gif

Back