Good system cleaners?

FadedSpark

Supreme [H]ardness
well, my windows install is starting to get slower and slower and ive had it from months now... (surprises me actually...) and i did a search for system cleaner and didnt find anything unless im just blind and passed right over it...

so any got any suggestions for good system cleaners?

And another for CCleaner. It's very thorough yet safe when cleaning, and free :cool:

i had it already lol, just used it... thanks :D keep the suggestions coming though :D

I like regsupreme for cleaning up your registry a bit. It tends to help with quirky issues more than general sluggishness but it has a free 30-day trial so it can't hurt :)

Also, if you use ccleaner and have more than one user be aware that you are only dumping the temp files for the user that you are logged on as.

are you trying to be a smartass or did you just not understand the question? which reminds me... i need some compressed air anyway, thanks for the reminder lmao

0mega said:
are you trying to be a smartass or did you just not understand the question? which reminds me... i need some compressed air anyway, thanks for the reminder lmao
I'm reminding you that you needed some.. ;) CCleaner was my recommendation, but...

I just downloaded CCleaner to check it out. Are there any settings I should be weary of with this program? I didn't clean anything yet.

beanman101283 said:
Just downloaded and tried it out, thumbs up from me. :)

DITTO!!!
:)

it found 480MB of accumilated crud in my system. :eek:

maw said:
DITTO!!!
:)

it found 480MB of accumilated crud in my system. :eek:
then your system is a big pooper... lol :p

CCleaner is good.

But generally slow downs come from too many running processes at a single time. Run Hijack This! and post the log to screen your running processes...

chinoquezada said:
then your system is a big pooper... lol :p

heh!! it was mostly temp files, ancient cookies and what not. one of them was a 400+MB temp file created by Photoshop that never got deleted properly when i had a power outage.

Back