Good subwoofer in Canada?

leetpyro

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
282
Hey guys. I've been thinking about getting the Behringer MS-40s for a long time now, but I don't want to get them without a good subwoofer. I've been having trouble trying to find a good subwoofer in Canada for around $150, maybe $200 max. Problem is, I'm really skeptical about buying anything used. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Sigh, why does Canada have to have such shitty retailers? Even the Behringer MS40s are way overpriced here...
 
Sigh, why does Canada have to have such shitty retailers? Even the Behringer MS40s are way overpriced here...
Don't really have the answer to your other question but it isn't the canadian retailers' fault by a longshot.

You can place the blame squarely on the shitty system they have to work with; regulations, red tape, tariffs, fees, surcharges and any other word synonomous with "taxes" ;)
 
Don't really have the answer to your other question but it isn't the canadian retailers' fault by a longshot.

You can place the blame squarely on the shitty system they have to work with; regulations, red tape, tariffs, fees, surcharges and any other word synonomous with "taxes" ;)

Yea, I agree, but not really blaming the retailers, just saying that they're not too good.

Even if its not the retailers fault, being on Hardforums and seeing what everyone else has, I can still say Canadian retailers and shitty compared to U.S. retailers right? :p
 
yeah living in canada is pretty fail, my 150$ speakers in USA are 175$ up here.. and now the dollar is back down to 0.8 its really bad :/
 
Polk Audio M60 speakers are $1,000.00 CAD at The Brick. At amazon.com I saw them going for just over $350.00 USD. Cheapest I have seen them in Canada is $650.00 CAD at an online store. The obvious lesson here is do not shop at The Brick. Paradigm and Energy are two Canadian companies that make ok subs but they cost more than $200.00. Cheapest Energy sub is 8" for $400.00. I've seen some Polk Audio subs around for $200.00 or so though.
 
Not sure if you can get anything amazing for $100-200, but you might find something reasonably decent on the used market for around that price. As mentioned above have a look at CanukAudioMart. Most of the sellers there are decent people.

If you have some more cash to throw around have a look here: http://www.sonicboomaudio.com/ This is the Canadian distribution site for SVS subs and speakers.
 
Back
Top