good stepping?

modding_JunKy

[H]ard|Gawd
good stepping?

i have a amd 3800+ x2 with this stepping...

ADA3800DAA5BV
CDBHE 0533 RPBW

IS THAT A GOOD ONE?

IF SO HOW MUCH could i oc it to and the volts and such

hoe much $ would it be worth?

its coldbugless...so thats good. week 0533 isnt really too special. it might clock pretty well, you never know.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
its coldbugless...so thats good. week 0533 isnt really too special. it might clock pretty well, you never know.

Got any linky to back that? I am not finding no cold bug. Possable swap with him on this chip but I am putting it under phase and want to make sure.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
go to XS and search for XXBHX chips. they lack coldbug for the most part up to -70ºC

been there done that but nothing anywere close to the week he has is said about.
Thanks though

Worth? The same as any other x2, you cant judge the OCability(woo hoo new word) of a cpu by the stepping, you have to test it yourself.

What is a coldbug anyways, I tried searching but didn't come up with anything helpfull.

coldbug is basically a bug that when temps get cold enough, the chip doesnt operate. it ranges anywhere from like 0C to no cold bug. so say your chip coldbugs at -30ºC, and you put it on a Dice, and temps are below -30ºC, the processor wont boot. it sucks bigtime for camp AMD, as camp intel lacks coldbug.

in other words, if you don't know what a cold-bug is, don't worry about it ;)

should be fun, though it's been a while since i've seen an Rxxx batch chip. 0533 is pretty old too :p

Hehe oh thats what the cold bug is, although I'm not planing on any exotic cooling in the near future so it probably doesn't effect me, just planing to change my Stock heatsink to a AC64 Freezer pro.

Back