Good Step up from E6700 ???

iPearl

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
1,560
I own a
E6700 atm
I am able to run it at E6750 1333 settings
perfectly fine by matching the FSB and Multipliers.

I am not much interested in overclocking.
But i am extremely interested in Low heat.
Should have 1333 FSB at stocks speeds.
And Low ViD. Has to be Faster than E6750/6700.
@ an affordable price.

The ones I been looking at are the E8400-E8600 are they any good with the extra cache ?

-Pearl
 
An e8400/e8500 would be a great step up and the extra cache would help. I know you said you arn't interested in OCing but both of these chips can reach 4.0ghz with little effort. Also if you shop around you should be able to get a good deal. I have seen e8400 go for $100 (second hand of course)
 
Yeah i am waiting for my funds to clear of the Graphic Card i sold and was thinking of upgrading.

But are the E8x00 worth investing in over a Q8X00 ???
If i been doing fine with Duals, The E8x00 should a nice step up or are there similar CPUs that perform better for a similar price range that i should be aware off ?
 
I found dual to quad to be a noticeable upgrade, but I help with an online business so I have tons of office type apps open @once on dual screens.
 
Back
Top