Good stand alone mic besides zalman clipon?

Rattle

2[H]4U
Like the title says any of you guys know any good ones that are not too expensive?
I've had the zalman clip ons but they break within weeks. My setup is in sig.

I use the CAD U37 Condenser mic. Works great. I will say though, if your computer is loud it will pick up the fan noise.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I am using a Sony f-v220 mic, along with a little desk stand, hooked up to my Scarlett 2i2 (although u should be able to hook it up to the mic jack on your sound card) Works really well I pefer it to having a mic clipped on.

I have a Labtech 7330 setup as well. I took off the band part, and used some heavy duty velcro to attach the microphone to the side of a pair of JVC HARX700 headphones. The sound is okay, not great.

Here's a video of me using them while streaming Grid 2.

Sorry I did not specify, this will only be used for gaming situations for things like TS or Vent or in game VOIP.

So the modmic looks nice, how's the durability? Do they break easy?

I have a Labtech 7330 setup as well. I took off the band part, and used some heavy duty velcro to attach the microphone to the side of a pair of JVC HARX700 headphones. The sound is okay, not great.

Here's a video of me using them while streaming Grid 2.

That's how I have it set up. I've never had a problem with the mic and it sounds great. Doesn't pick up background noise because unlike many mics it is unidirectional boom mic.

I've heard that the modmic is a good contender but that it picks up more background noise, which is very important to me. I've not used one though. Either one are your top picks though, modmic requires no modwork though, which is one advantage over the 7330. Price-wise, I think modmics sell for $30, I got my Laptec for $7. But I would pony up the extra $ for the modmic if it works well for you.

Where can I get a Laptec for $7 :)

EDIT I see them on ebay for $9 I might just try it first. Thanks !

EDIT again, Got one new for 9 shipped, we'll see how long it lasts, hopefully till modmic4.0 comes out.

I'll grab some velcro from work and mod her up.

Last edited:
Back