Good speakers?

buzzard34

Gawd
I was looking at this Creative 5.1 setup I saw on Newegg. Is this a pretty good deal? I live in a dorm room so it might be a little hard to setup a true 5.1 environment but other than that would this be a lot better than the dinky 2 satellite system I have now?

I have them and they are very good for 60-80 dollar speakers. They wont compete with something in the 200 dollar range, but they still sound very good. Good for gaming too, and the sub puts out a decent amount of power. I'd go for them, they're much better than the logitech speakers in the same price range.

skudmunky said:
I have them and they are very good for 60-80 dollar speakers. They wont compete with something in the 200 dollar range, but they still sound very good. Good for gaming too, and the sub puts out a decent amount of power. I'd go for them, they're much better than the logitech speakers in the same price range.
excellent! :cool: I bought them because I trust Creative plus no one else in my hall has 5.1 PC speakers. :D Good to hear that I just didn't commit an impulse purchase crime.

buzzard34 said:
excellent! :cool: I bought them because I trust Creative plus no one else in my hall has 5.1 PC speakers. :D Good to hear that I just didn't commit an impulse purchase crime.

Yep, have fun setting them up. They'll sound loads better than generic thingies. :D

the creative ones do sound a lot better than the logitechs. My freind has the logitech ones, and i did a side by side comparason and my creative ones sound better.

If you purchased from newegg.....

You can cancel your order with about 5 mouselclicks and buy the Creative T-5400's instead.

Why you ask? Because they're the same as the speakers you bought, but have tweeters on the front three speakers, which i'm sure will make it sound better than the T-5800. I have the T-5400's on a secondary gaming rig. i think they're pretty good in it's pricerange, but that's all the opinion i'll give ;).

Meh... I'm going to put them on my onboard sound (temporarily) for now so sound quality is important but not that important yet.

Back