• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Good speakers for <$100 (for a notebook)

vgi_vinnie

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 7, 2003
Messages
146
I am thinking about getting a decent set of speakers for my m1210 notebook, any suggestions?

I was thinking a good 2.1 set, but if I read correctly I could possibly get a 5.1 setup with the notebook? If so I might be willing to pay a little more than 100.

I plan on using them for watching a lot of movies and listen to a lot of music, and light gaming.

Thanks in advance for suggestions,
VT
 
Most people here are going to tell you not to get these but here goes . . .

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121121

For a little extra you could go 5.1 and get the Logitech Z-5300's. I have these speakers and they fulfill all my music/movie/gaming needs. Like I said, most people are going to nitpick that multimedia speakers like those don't even compare with a better set of bookshelf speakers or even just some better 2.1's.

EDIT: Read through your post again really quick and noticed the notebook part. Unless your notebook's integrated sound card is 5.1 capable you're probably going to have to buy an external sound card.
 
the m1210 does have 5.1, I will check out the link you provided and see how they look, thanks.

edit: they seem awesome but the only thing is my subject was <100 dollars, they are 170 shipped.
 
For sub 100 bucks, headphones are the way to go. In fact, headphones are always the way to go :) But you need a decent pair of speakers anyways. As far as PC speakers go, honestly they are all junk. But the best sounding of the bunch seem to be Klipsch or those $99 bose speakers. I own the Klipsch 2.1s and 2.0s (the 2.0s are in your price range) and they sound better than any other 2.0 out there. Worth 100 bucks? No. But definitely the best sounding.
 
Those 2nd logitechs are great, also if you can grab a used pair of Klipisch 2.1's those are WONDERFUL as well...
 
Another vote for headphones.

A notebook is portable. Your sound system should be portable as well.

I set of Senn HD485's would do the trick.
 
Back
Top