Good small case for home server?

TheBuzzer

HACK THE WORLD!
Hi, I am wondering what is the best case to make a home server. The smaller the case the better with 5 slots at least for hdds.

that seesm way too big.

it is almsot the same size as my antec p180b

I want something with like a custom motherboard running like a intel atom maybe. so laptop size board in the side of the hard drive rack. there was one before but they stop making it.

What form factor?

If your going mini-itx the Chenbro is nice

If you want to go mATX I would buy a mATX midtower and throw in a four bay hot swap cage (keep the 5th internal)

If you don'tt want hot swap I'd look at this case. Plenty of room for many HDD's

cooler master centuriun. it is cheap, has all open bays for 4 hotswap bays . i own a antec mini p180 and it is a nice cool case with lots of room. for my whs

I actually thought of both those cases but they aren't the smallest possible cases you could get for a mATX board. They are both nice cases but possibly bigger than necissary.

cooler master centuriun. it is cheap, has all open bays for 4 hotswap bays . i own a antec mini p180 and it is a nice cool case with lots of room. for my whs

so far the chenbro one seems good . it would be cool if there was one like the chenbro one where it has two mroe hdd slots making the case a bit wider.

it seems like mini itx board does not have much sata. wonder what motherboard they use that have enough for the 4 sata and did the dvd drive use an ide or usb?

well it seems like chenbro is the only choice out there :) for mini itx server case.

That is whay my Windows Home Server sits in.

It's what my Ubuntu server sits in too. Great case. It might not be particularly "mini" but I have 8 HDDs in it (plus the OS on a cheap SSD). No fuss, no external enclosures, great build quality and exceptionally quiet.

Back