Good small business printer

Metraon

Limp Gawd
I am looking for a small business color laser multifonction printer...

We have a MFC-9840CDW that just died and we are looking for a remplacement !?

Any suggestions for a multifonction center ?

Thanks

we got a bunch of 9970 in service, they work good

what's wrong with your 9840? all the important bits are replaceable, might be able to fix it...

We are going to service the 9840 and keep it as a spare/second device its a decent printer as far as I am concerned.

I just sorted from 2-3 vendor sites the most reviewed and highest score and came to the same model. So the 9970 seems like a good replacement !

Thanks !

Brother is a good choice.

If you want on site service, get a Dell. I've been buying various Dell printers for the past year as a need arises and get 3 year on site support with the printer. Now I don't have to deal with printer issues anymore. They work well and out of around 30 or more I've purchased in the past year I only had one go bad. Called Dell and they went on site and fixed it.

Brother, Canon, or Xerox I have had great luck with. Especially laser.

HP is overpriced lately, Lexmark is crap, Epson is more photo/specialty print focused.

Yeah. If you're looking for printers with bells and whistles, MAYBE look to HP.
If you're just looking for something that works, no frills, no BS, stick with Brother.

Lexmark makes good printers. We have put in about 65 new Lexmark printers and MFPs in the last few months as part of a project. One of the best things about them is their web config page is identical between different models. That really makes it easy to script changes to the web config for any printer, whether it be a little MS310 personal printer or a giant MFP. They also have a neat free program for managing all their printers, pushing out settings, policies and firmware upgrades, etc

I like brother printers because they're not HP. Also, Brother's price verses features price points are pretty sweet, including things that a small business would like, such has wireless printing AND having a LCD display to help set it up. (Stupid HP.)

Brother drivers are decent and you can easily get just the inf files from Brother verses the bloat installer.

we rolling HP Laserjet Pro 600's now, old one are Laserjet 4250's. Heavy though...
Kyocera MFP copiers

I can highly recommend Kyocera MFPs, very reliable and low toner prices.You also have very good remote admin applications (which btw works with more brands than just Kyo) :)
Have a look at the FS-C2126MFP+ or M6026cdn

HP are really expensive in the long run and well, I'm not really happy with their drivers either. I have a similar speced Canon myself and its much more clunky to use than the Kyos by far.
//Danne

Ricoh MFPs are great. Once you get the interface down they are solid and easy to configure (good web interface).

I like Cannon for their large format color printers but I have had no experience with them as a MFP. Good brand tho (bought Oce).

For personal printers Brothers all the way! Their laserjets can be found at places like Office Depot for great deals. Just wait for them to go on sale!

STAY AWAY FROM HP! I have never had good luck with any HP printer in the past 5 years. Bad drivers, bad website, bad build quality. I stay away from HP like the plague.

Ricohs aren't bad but the webinterface is sluggish at best even using their large MFPs and toner is more expensive than on Kyoceras. :/
//Danne

we rolling HP Laserjet Pro 600's now, old one are Laserjet 4250's. Heavy though...
Kyocera MFP copiers

I still use my LaserJet 4250.. great printer, I bought it used a couple years ago and still using the same used non-hp toner cartridge lol

I've got 10 Dell network printers currently and I've been pleased with all of them. The warranty and service is great and is one of the key things that keeps me with Dell products for the most part. The model that you would need should be based upon your monthly print volume and number of users. We have one color laser at each office (3 offices in total). The two remote offices are color multifunctions, C2665dnf, that I just upgraded and the users haven't had any complaints.

I agree that you should stay completely away from HP. I've had nothing but bad luck with HP printers manufactured in the last 5-7 years. Older ones would run forever, but the newer models are not very good.

Brothers have worked well for me and I tend to not replace them when we buyout a company until it is absolutely necessary.

We have several older HP printers that require frequent parts and service, they all see pretty heavy use. Our newer printers are Samsung and they work really well. MFPs are Kyocera and Konica Minolta (through a local copier company) and our main color printer is a Xerox Phaser 7500.

Seems like Kyocera is a popular choice, i will look for a distributor in canada !

Thanks to all !

I agree that Brother is a great value for small stuff. The bigger stuff we go with Sharp. On the occasion that we need something in between, it is usually HP.

Back