• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Good SATAII 3.0GB/S CONTROLLER

k00lance

Gawd
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
950
Hello friends,
I am extremely newbie when it comes to storage. :rolleyes:
I want to install about 4 extra HD's to my system.
Can someone recommend me a good sata II 3.0g/s controller?
Let me know the difference between PCI and PCI-e.
Thank you all my mentors at [H].
:D
 
PCI: Parallel bus, "old" (est. mid 1990's), limited to a shared 133MiB/s between all devices on the bus. After overhead, a single device can get at most 120MiB/s.
PCI-e: PCI-express, "newer", point-to-point serial bus. Each device has its own, dedicated bandwidth. PCIe x1 is ~250MiB/s in each direction.

If you are planning to access all four HDDs at once, you are likely to saturate the PCI bus. I cannot recommend a controller with the given information. If you have no particular demands, I would recommend any Silicon Image (SiI) chipset based controller, since they are widely supported.
 
Back
Top