Good RTS games

whoami

Limp Gawd
I got done with C&C Generals and Zero Hour. Game was excellent, skirmished for a couple months, now am tired of it.

Are there any games that are better or are like C&C Generals that I might like? I don't know where to look.

Thanks

I take it you've played Warcraft 3 and the expansion The Frozen Throne? If not, you should. I wasted sophomore year playing it, it's awesome.

Rise of Nations is great too.

edit: oops, put the wrong name for the Warcraft 3 expansion.

Rise of nations is an excellent RTS game, has alot of micromanagement involved, and its neat to be able to upgrade your armies through the ages.

Rise of nations is my favorite RTS, but i don't like rts games in general. RON and Warcraft 2 are the only ones i've played for any amount of time, but i did play WC2 a whole lot.

If you are willing to go back a little I would go with the ENTIRE Homeworld Series. Those are some of my Favorite RTS games.

Total Annihilation=best RTS of all time

Supreme Commander looks to be following in it's footsteps which makes me happy. Yay for simulations and 3d combat long before its time!

whoami said:
I got done with C&C Generals and Zero Hour. Game was excellent, skirmished for a couple months, now am tired of it.

Are there any games that are better or are like C&C Generals that I might like? I don't know where to look.

Thanks

If you really like Generals, then you'll also enjoy Battle for Middle Earth...

act of war, its basically a generals clone. All the reviews say it is better than generals, so you should like it.

dawn of war was really good. The expansion looks to give more strategic options than "offensive", though, not that that wasnt frantic fun over lan, I loved that the game put the emphasis on troop movements.

Ryan711 said:
act of war, its basically a generals clone. All the reviews say it is better than generals, so you should like it.

just started playing it
similar to generals but different

wouldn't say better

man nobody here plays the Age Of... series? I have played about 1000 games of Age of Mythology online in the past 2 years and it has been fun. The new demo of Age of Empires 3 is out for download. I've only played it one day, put having havok physics is pretty cool. You get to see a guy get shot and fall into the a river and stuff like that.

I just picked up a copy of Age of Empires: Rise of Rome. Can't beat 9 bucks.

The game is pretty addicting. I like it so far.

I would have gotten AOE2... but then I realized AOE3 will be out soon... so AOE1 should hold me over.

You should look at the original roller coaster tycoon. Fun stuff.

QFT... Cant wait for SupCom to come out... But, yes, RoN is pretty decent
Attean said:
Total Annihilation=best RTS of all time

Supreme Commander looks to be following in it's footsteps which makes me happy. Yay for simulations and 3d combat long before its time!

bobsaget said:
I just picked up a copy of Age of Empires: Rise of Rome. Can't beat 9 bucks.

Thats true, I bought AOE for 10$ awile back (2000) and played it on my then crap computer, but heck it was fun. as for reccomendations, I enjoyed Homeword, Empire Earth, Dark Region and Age of Mythology.

(2000 Crap system)

586 (Pentium1) 100Mhz
32MB Ram
2MB Intell Extream Graphics.
1.5GB Hard Drive

First off, if you "finished" CC Generals, did you ever play it online? Because hands down, that games kicks ass when it comes to online play.

As far as other games? Go out and Get Red Alert 2 with the Yuri's Revenge expansion pack.

Also, Total Annihalation kicked a lot of ass too. But I can't figure out how to play online with that game if you are into online play.

And Finally, Age of Mythology was a lot of fun.

Don't listen to the guy that suggested the Lord Of the Rings game. It really wasn't that great in my opinion.

Json23 said:
Don't listen to the guy that suggested the Lord Of the Rings game. It really wasn't that great in my opinion.

The guy asked if there were any games that were like Generals and you recommended an AGE game...

BFME is almost exactly like Generals. They're basically the same game! Now, why would you be against someone recommended a game that is exactly what the poster wanted?

Back