Good Router

spbk84

n00b
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a home and need a new router. I am currently renting a cable modem from Comcast cable.. I want to hardwire my computer and go wireless for downstairs for my XBOX 360 and PS3. I am going to be streaming videos on Nextflix.

any suggestions on a qualify router that can also be hardwired? price range 150 or less

thanks drescherjm... for the other poster, i already saw that. I didn't ask for a link. I want recent opinions.. Not a a bunch of old routers. I cant sit for hours reading about what will work.

Please anyone that is willing to help

How about an ASUS RT-N16 flashed with the latest kernel 26 version of tomato. Works great for me and lots of flexibility.

Just letting you know, Comcast offers a free N router (Well, $10 shipped) that you can use for as long as you have Comcast internet. They also guarantee the product for as long as you have the service as well. The only downside is that you have to give the router back when you leave Comcast, but still, not a huge downside at all.

As of right now, the choices are a Netgear WNR1000 and the WNR3500, depending on what speed internet you're subscribed to.

thanks drescherjm... for the other poster, i already saw that. I didn't ask for a link. I want recent opinions.. Not a a bunch of old routers. I cant sit for hours reading about what will work.

Please anyone that is willing to help

Really? Last time I checked the recommendations in that link is more up to date than the other router that was posted for you.

Not to mention the fact that you posted this in the wrong section to begin with.

Can't sit for hours? A little bit of common sense and 20 minutes is all you need. But I guess that's too much to ask of some people.

Really? Last time I checked the recommendations in that link is more up to date than the other router that was posted for you.

Not to mention the fact that you posted this in the wrong section to begin with.

Can't sit for hours? A little bit of common sense and 20 minutes is all you need. But I guess that's too much to ask of some people.

here here. +1 for you. i couldn't agree more.

Back