• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Good, reliable SATA card?

octoberasian

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 13, 2007
Messages
4,081
My current board has 4 SATA II ports on it and they're filled with all hard drives. Yeah, I run four hard drives, plus an old EIDE hard drive. And, yes, I do need to upgrade.

Until the time for me to upgrade comes, I'm wondering what's a good and reliable SATA card-- PCI or PCI-Express, and preferably under $200?

I want to either a) add a second optical drive, a BD-R; and/or b) add another hard drive or two.

Thank you.
 
I ran into a similar problem some time ago and decided to add some functionality with a PCIe add-on card. I found used SAS cards to come out cheaper than comparable SATA adapters. I have a Dell SAS 6i/r flashed with an LSI firmware which i am happy with, you can find them in auctions for 30-50 dollars. One word of warning, many of the SAS cards will cause some motherboards not to boot, this can usually be corrected with a hardware modification to the card (if absolutely necessary).
 
Back
Top