good radiator fans

tunatime

Well...OK
as the title says what are good radiator fans for high fpi radiators that do not sound to loud?

I'm about to post the same question, as the GT is an amazing fan, but I needs 80mm for my rad setup

oh gawd I wish there was an 80mm Gentle Typhoon

and yes, OP, the Nidec GTs are the finest fans I have ever dealt with

I realize PC water cooling radiator fans is an extremely niche product line, but you'd think SOMEONE would have been able to improve upon or at least successfully imitate the GTs by now. How long have they been the unanimous king-of-the-hill now? Actually, the biggest surprise to me is that they are still only available in the same color/style.

I realize PC water cooling radiator fans is an extremely niche product line, but you'd think SOMEONE would have been able to improve upon or at least successfully imitate the GTs by now. How long have they been the unanimous king-of-the-hill now? Actually, the biggest surprise to me is that they are still only available in the same color/style.

There has been a knock off attempt in the Swiftech Helix-120...or as the GF here calls it, the "restive monsoon"

Unfortunately it did not turn out quite as they had planned. I have a box for one here printed 60 CFM at 28 dBA, sticker over that says 55CFM at <33dBA.

yea i see why the gt are so popular, they move good air though the rad and they are quite even with 12 going

sweet the new fans drooped my water temps form about 85f to 73f :) in a low 70s room. now my 3 7970s are at 38 to 41c vs 47ish before waiting on my new pump to come in to see if that helps any as my 3930k temps since i added the 3 7970s is really bad like 68c vs about 55c before at 4.8ghz

The GT is the most over rated fan on the market. Just like every other ball bearing fan they sound like shit at low speeds. They never get as silent as an FDB or sleeve bearing.

I don't like the sound profile of those fans at all. Martin even commented on it in his review.

The GT is the most over rated fan on the market. Just like every other ball bearing fan they sound like shit at low speeds. They never get as silent as an FDB or sleeve bearing.

I don't like the sound profile of those fans at all. Martin even commented on it in his review.

whatever, or rather...it is a matter of personal preference

I've got them all here, pile of Noctuas, loons, s-flex...

the Nidecs remain my favorite fan

whatever, or rather...it is a matter of personal preference

I've got them all here, pile of Noctuas, loons, s-flex...

the Nidecs remain my favorite fan

Not really, if we are talking about real ratings the GT's have shown to be better, tone might be different and I can agree some GT's have a problem when undervolted, but that is why you should pick a fan in the right RPM range. I find the lower RPM GT's to be without a doubt the pick of the bunch, tone is great and out right sound they beat everything, however, depending on the RPMs of choice and if I was planning on putting them on a controller, I might get something else. But I don't see why, when I can just pick the proper RPM range I am happy with and stick with it, I use to be all about high RPM ability and controllers, then I learned to build a system capable of cooling what I needed at any load and at a noise level I could live with.

all 12 of mine sound good and move a good bit of air and i have found them to be the best fans i have used.

At around 1000 rpm these the GT doesn't get as quiet as a typical fan with an FDB or sleeve. They use a ball bearing, I don't know why that would be a surprise.

ok so some thing is wrong whit 1 of the fans already it has a hum/ annoying sound and it is about 3x as aloud as the rest of the fans and i think it spins a little slower then the rest. can you take them apart and oil some thing or is it dead? it worked fine for at least 3 days

Default answer: Gentle Typhoons.

These. I use them for my rad's they have great static pressure and look pretty good.
Another option is Noctua fans a bit more pricey but just a bit better and quieter.

Any preferences or recommendations for FDB? Do they suffer from the same mounting limitations as sleeve-bearing fans?

Any preferences or recommendations for FDB? Do they suffer from the same mounting limitations as sleeve-bearing fans?

I've never had any issues mounting an FDB horizontally. I've also had good luck with the Scythe Kama Flow 2 and S-flex.

I use these..........http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/sc12slsy68cf.html

These fans are cheap.
They are quiet. I use the "M" models.
I've never had one wear out or break.
Mounting orientation has never been an issue.

Did I mention cheap? I have three 120 x 2 radiators and one 120x 3 radiator......a total of 12 fans and all are the slipstreams.
Only thing I will say......the "H" models.....high rpm......are really loud.

Back