Good Racing Games?

tdktank59

Gawd
Hey just bought a wheel for the compy.

Anyways wondering what some good games are. Ill be getting Grid when it comes out (ive got the demo lol)

Need for speed is fun.. I had NFS: carbon and it was cool, good graphics too....

Only ones I own are Race 07 and GTR2 prepare to be in for the long haul with those 2.

I liked the Moto GP motorcyle racing games. I loved em.

Live for Speed
DiRT
SEGA Rally Revo(arcadie but fun none the less)

Hey just bought a wheel for the compy.

Anyways wondering what some good games are. Ill be getting Grid when it comes out (ive got the demo lol)

are u looking for Arcade type Racing or Simulation Racing ?

If you are looking for an arcade style game to play from time to time, then look no further than Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I thought it was the best of all the NFS games, by far.

What? No mention of Flatout 2?! It isn't exactly a racing sim, but probably the funnest arcade racer to come out in the last few years for the PC.

Need for speed Most wanted is by far the most interesting and intense racing game out there, very arcade like though. Dirt is one of the more realistic off roaders and good fun. Flatout2 is just completly nuts and all about the crashes.

Dirt rocks, I'm playing it again.
Its a new experience with modern hardware and maxes out my E8400 @ 4.13GHz, both cores, constantly!!
I dont know if a quad core will benefit, I'll find out in a few weeks.

Currently playing it at 1600x1200, 2xAA all detail maxed out, getting between 30 and 60fps.
(X38 mobo, 4GB ram, 8800GT 20% overclocked, XP32)

Arcade Style:

Test Drive Unlimited
NFS: Most Wanted
TOCA 3
DiRT

Crazy Style:

FlatOut 1/2
Crashday
Trackmania Series (Sunrise, Nations, United, etc.)
1NSANE

Simulation Style:

GTR Series (Original, Legends, 2)
Live for Speed
rFactor
Colin Mcrae Rally
MotoGP
Whatever the last NASCAR game was.

NFS: Porsche Unleashed. Best racing game I've ever played on the PC.

NFS: Porsche Unleashed. Best racing game I've ever played on the PC.

IMHO that was the best game of the NFS series

The only thing that kept NFS:pU from being perfect was that it was Porsches only. A couple modders in the community eventually were able to add a couple of non-porsches to the line up but the game was dead by then.

NFS:SE was probably the best. It had varied cars, plus videos and specs by Road and Track. The tracks had circuit and point to point. Plus it also had cops that would pull you over. The physics were pretty good as well.

If you are looking for an arcade style game to play from time to time, then look no further than Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I thought it was the best of all the NFS games, by far.

/cringe

Flatout 1& 2
Destruction Derby 1&2
Gran Torismo
Wipeout
Grid

Simulation Style:

GTR Series (Original, Legends, 2)
Live for Speed
rFactor
Colin Mcrae Rally
MotoGP
Whatever the last NASCAR game was.

CMR is more of an arcade racer. For rally sims, Richard Burns Rally is still the king.
It's a crying shame that MotoGP is still considered the only good 2 wheeler, what is it now, 10 years since it first came out? (and an even bigger shame that it's the closest thing to a bike *sim* out there. When compared to the complexity of the physics models in today's ISI/simbin games its really sad)
I don't do nascar/oval racing, but many are still clinging to N2k3. ARCA was recently released, and they licensed the engine from ISI(rfactor). Although iRacing whenever it finally goes public will probably be the de-facto oval sim of choice for the ricky bobby's of the world.

The only thing that kept NFS:pU from being perfect was that it was Porsches only
For Porsche fans, that's what made it so perfect. ;)
I still love NFS:pU, that game was so far ahead of it's time. It's ancient compared to say GTR2 or rFactor now. But I still have it installed on my old Win98 machine. The only shame was that the 959 wasn't included until after the initial release, and it never got included in the career mode.

Why the laugh and the eye roll?

NFSMW is a great racing game and it still holds it's own three years after it was released. NFSPU was a great game also, although I like NFSMW better out of the two.

I stand by my words about NSFMW.

In an arcade style racer, I haven't had more fun that I have had during cop chases in NFSMW. Its a blast to cause chaos all around the city, its almost like GTA, but without the ability to hop out of the car and gun cops down.

I don't know how the newest NFS is for the PC but I liked it alright on the 360. Although I did enjoy NFSMW a lot more.

I really didn't know there was a large following of racing sims left on the PC...I figured Forza and GT series would have taken most of them to the consoles. :-X

Last real racing sim I remember playing on the PC was one of the Nascars in the late 90s or so. I didn't have a wheel so it was pretty hard and always got pissed at it. :-D

Dirt rocks, I'm playing it again.
Its a new experience with modern hardware and maxes out my E8400 @ 4.13GHz, both cores, constantly!!
I dont know if a quad core will benefit, I'll find out in a few weeks.

Currently playing it at 1600x1200, 2xAA all detail maxed out, getting between 30 and 60fps.
(X38 mobo, 4GB ram, 8800GT 20% overclocked, XP32)

Nice setup for DiRT. I have my core maybe to 650 from 600 and am @ 3.2GHz. Everything is maxed out.

This is the only game where i notice a GPU OC helps.

Back