Hi,
My trusty LG 245WP is starting to show its age and I am considering getting a new monitor.
I will be using it for programming, multimedia (video), some gaming and some image editing and 3D modeling.
I don't have a TV, so I need to be able to connect to it things like cable box and maybe consoles (I'm thinking PS2 and PS3). So I'd like to have good input options, at least including component (for PS3, cable, etc.). Composite nice to have (for PS2).
I care most about picture quality and don't think I should have problems with input lag in games too much. IPS lag in my current LCD is fine to me. So I am mostly considering IPS.
I am considering 24-27''. If 27'' I'd probably need to scale down resolution for some games, so good quality in non-native resolution strongly preferred then.
I've been looking at some options and it looks like the most limiting factor are the inputs. It looks like it comes down to Dells, either 2410 or 2711... I've also noticed HP LP2475w, but it's more expensive than 2410. How do they compare?
Are there any other good IPSes with video inputs? Or maybe I should rather look for some separate device/converter from component to HDMI/DVI? I don't know much about it, but again, quality is the most important factor.
I'd be grateful for any suggestions.
My trusty LG 245WP is starting to show its age and I am considering getting a new monitor.
I will be using it for programming, multimedia (video), some gaming and some image editing and 3D modeling.
I don't have a TV, so I need to be able to connect to it things like cable box and maybe consoles (I'm thinking PS2 and PS3). So I'd like to have good input options, at least including component (for PS3, cable, etc.). Composite nice to have (for PS2).
I care most about picture quality and don't think I should have problems with input lag in games too much. IPS lag in my current LCD is fine to me. So I am mostly considering IPS.
I am considering 24-27''. If 27'' I'd probably need to scale down resolution for some games, so good quality in non-native resolution strongly preferred then.
I've been looking at some options and it looks like the most limiting factor are the inputs. It looks like it comes down to Dells, either 2410 or 2711... I've also noticed HP LP2475w, but it's more expensive than 2410. How do they compare?
Are there any other good IPSes with video inputs? Or maybe I should rather look for some separate device/converter from component to HDMI/DVI? I don't know much about it, but again, quality is the most important factor.
I'd be grateful for any suggestions.
Last edited: