• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Good PSU for X-QPACK?

EnderW

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
11,465
Anyone know of a good PSU for the X-QPACK?

I want something with the following:

  • 120mm fan
  • Short ATX cable
  • Short PSU (if there are any)

I'd also like like modular cabling to cut down on clutter, but I don't know of a PSU that has all these features.
 
EnderW said:
Anyone know of a good PSU for the X-QPACK?

I want something with the following:

  • 120mm fan
  • Short ATX cable
  • Short PSU (if there are any)

I'd also like like modular cabling to cut down on clutter, but I don't know of a PSU that has all these features.

Short PSU......... like a mATX?
 
Spectre said:
Short PSU......... like a mATX?
well, all the mATX PSUs I've seen suck, so no
I just mean a tiny amount shorter than most
 
I have a Seasonic S12 500W, and it has a fairly short ATX cable (16 inches long). It's also very quiet. :D The box says that the PSU is 5.9" long.
 
OCZ Modstream features all that... I distinctly remember the ATX cable being annoyingly short (bad for cable management).

If you do decide on the Modstream, skip the 520W model.
 
You guys are misunderstanding the OP. The housing of the PSU has to be really short. I think something like 6" wide and only 5" deep instead of your usual > 6" deep.
 
EnderW said:
well, all the mATX PSUs I've seen suck, so no
I just mean a tiny amount shorter than most

Ah ok. GUess I 'll have to look around for solid dimensions today for you then.
 
_Korruption_ said:
OCZ Modstream features all that... I distinctly remember the ATX cable being annoyingly short (bad for cable management).

If you do decide on the Modstream, skip the 520W model.
yeah, looks like the Modstream is the best choice
Why would I skip the 520W?
 
EnderW said:
yeah, looks like the Modstream is the best choice
Why would I skip the 520W?

Most of the additional capacity is on the 5v rail. You will just spend money on largely irrelevant power.
 
i was wondering if it would be possible to let the rear of a psu stick out the back half an inch or so. i am planning on jamming water cooling inot mine also, so the extra space taken in the back wouldn't be a big deal.
 
The Modstream is a pretty deep PSU. I'm not sure it'll fit.

I think the PSU has to be 6" deep at the deepest. Cyberpower used to bundle different PSU's with that case and they quit doing it.. probably due to fitment.

As for letting it stick out of the back: It mounts from the back. How would you keep it in place (aware that custom manufacturering brackets is within reason.)
 
i think i've seen other posts where ppl have the modstream w/ the qpack, so im pretty sure it'll fit. it was with lite-on drives tho, which are shorter. not sure if getting the shorter molex connectors would make it fit w/ full length drives like w/ other psu's cuz the modstream IS longer than average by like 10mm i think. but it should fit w/ lite-ons.
 
SJetski71 said:
Perhaps go the short dvdrom + low-profile molex route?
yeah I've got some of those, but the pics I've seen still look a little too cramped for my liking
I really like the Modstream, so right now I'm just looking for a real short DVD burner

anyone got a recomendation?
 
the lite-ons are short, i think sony's are short too, not sure about that. i've got my eyes on a modstream to pair w/ a qpack soon as well, so ill let u know if i find nething interesting about it.
 
Back
Top