• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Good PSU for Tri-SLI

spenny2112

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 15, 2007
Messages
382
Hey I was wondering if any of you could recommend a good PSU for Tri-SLI GTX 280's, I would prefer to keep it under 350. Thanks
 
Just out of curiousity, why do you need a tri-sli gtx280 setup?

I'm sure you have a good reason, but I was just wondering why 1 gtx280 with a lesser card for physx wouldn't be enough.
 
Just out of curiousity, why do you need a tri-sli gtx280 setup?

I'm sure you have a good reason, but I was just wondering why 1 gtx280 with a lesser card for physx wouldn't be enough.

Because this [H]ardOCP not oftOCP
 
Exactly. I have a strong desire to be on the bleeding edge!
well theres no point in making your wallet bleed if its not actually beneficial. I think he was asking to see what the rest of your system are and the resolution you will be playing at.
 
New system build with core i7 965EE, EVGA X58, 6GB DDR3 1600Mhz CAS 8, WD Velociraptor, WD 1TB Caviar Black, 3x GTX 280's, 30" Dell 3007WFP-HC
 
Just out of curiousity, why do you need a tri-sli gtx280 setup?

I'm sure you have a good reason, but I was just wondering why 1 gtx280 with a lesser card for physx wouldn't be enough.

Hop into the DC thread. We have guys running 4 and 5 of those cards. Video is only one thing they do well. Programmers have figured out how to do major league scientific computing, on your video cards.:)

 
Back
Top