Good PSU for a MicroATX case

bigscholar

n00b
Joined
May 21, 2010
Messages
9
It's not that your card is drawing too much power, it's more of the power supply being too crappy and not being able to output its rated power.

If you want short cables, Silverstone has a few modular power supplies that you can buy short length cables for.

Otherwise, you can get a Corsair CX 430 V2.
 
I wouldn't be so quick to judge that PSU. That's an Earthwatts 380 which is built by Delta, and is actually considered better then the CX 430 you're possibly replacing it with. I think your problem might lie elsewhere.
 
Yeah, the earthwatts 380 is actually a decent PSU. I think Tsumi thought it was a true power.

Are you sure the noises are coming from the PSU?
 
Lol, I just went off the assumption that most PSUs bundled with cases are of medicore quality :p
 
Yeah, it's definitely coming from the PSU. I opened up the case while it was running to make sure. It's a loud, scratching noise coming from the fan. It's loud enough to fool me into thinking someone is idling their engine in the parking lot downstairs.
 
If you still hear the noise when the power supply is only plugged into the paper clip, yeah, it's most likely something wrong with it and time to replace. If that is not the case, I would check the board for blown caps.
 
Back
Top