• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Good program to play music with

ew,, foobar2k looks too ugly to use. ill stick to winamp at the moment, until someone gives me a valid reason to change.
 
purple_haze said:
ew,, foobar2k looks too ugly to use. ill stick to winamp at the moment, until someone gives me a valid reason to change.

You can make foobar basically look anyway you want it to look like, just find a skin you enjoy or make one yourself.
 
I like using Creative Media source player actually... or atleast i used to, being able to mess with all the creative settings in the player was good. Like the speaker settings, EAX, Etc...

But, alas, after i last reformated, i downlaoded the same programs i had befor from creative but i can't mess with my speaker settings, EAX, etc, and i don't have an equilizer(by the way, It might have just been me.. but the equilizer from creative seemed to have a much more profound effect then the one, say that winamp has)

So i'm also looking for a new player... i'll check out this foobar program as well... thanks:)
 
And i couldent get the kernal thing to work:(, and Foobar diden't have a master volume control... which is wierd, I don't have any creative products installed anymore besides the drivers.
 
duncandun said:
I mean for base/treble control
:eek: ?
foo_eq.jpg

foo_dsp.jpg
 
To be fair.. The foobar preference menu does look intimidating :) My first time going through it was a tad frustrating.
 
synergyo1 said:
To be fair.. The foobar preference menu does look intimidating :) My first time going through it was a tad frustrating.


I think the word 'tad' is a bit of an understatement. If I didn't have a step by step guide to setting it up for quality playback I'd be lost. Maybe thats why I still have the default look and I have NO idea how to customize fb2k. I still love it though.

For thoes of you who use fb2k, try using Uberview from www.uberview.org its a great program to organizing huge music collections (if you have full albums) and playing them back on fb2k/winamp and the like.
 
synergyo1 said:
To be fair.. The foobar preference menu does look intimidating :) My first time going through it was a tad frustrating.
Yeah - I was really lost at first.
They made the menu a lot less cluttered in 0.9.
 
rcf1987 said:
I just bought some hd202s and I need a good audio player that plays lots of different types of music and has lots of options like bass, treble, equalizer etc. I have been using satsuki but I don't like it that much any ideas.

I started using VLC/VLS years ago for the free half decent music and video streaming. Now I mainly use VLC for damn near everything. It follows the KISS rules, doesnt need to download codecs, and has quite a few features, with a very plain basic interface. VLC is next to godly in my book of "half-decent programs".
 
iTunes for music and music videos (mp4)....

VLC for DIVX, mpeg and such.... Sometimes QuickTime but I like VLC for just for the full screen feature.
 
OK, so the MAD input plugin has a problem with showing the times correctly in Winamp but I'm still using it and the HQSoft output pluging as well as ASIO output won't work with 5.21. I also found out the Milkdrop visual plugin will not work with 5.21 also. Should I just downgrade to Winamp 5.1? :confused:
 
foobar ftw
Theres a good guide as well at the techspot, http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/foobar/
helps get your foobar up and running with newer hardware etc and sounding GREAT. I used it on my stock computer and it sounds better than before I tweaked it. Friend has an xfi and his sounds AWESOME.
 
Looks like MAD is toast on my system with Winamp 5.21. It wouldn't play a file and the Milkdrop visualization wouldn't work. I thought it was 5.21 at first. I'll have to try Foobar and other programs and see what happens. :D
 
I have tried and rejected all of the players mentioned in this thread in favor of Mediamonkey Gold. Mediamonkey plays every format and has a built in converter. Mediamonkey can use Winamp plugins including ASIO output. The interface is great. Mediamonkey supports mass tagging and Amazon lookup. The Gold version includes a File Monitoring scan so that library additions, deletions or tag changes made by other programs are reflected.

I have also recommend the Tag&Rename utility for tagging all formats plus file renaming.
 
Back
Top