Good price on XP Home/Pro/Office?

eggrock

Supreme [H]ardness
Trying to get the best legal deals on XP and Office. This is the best I've been able to find so far.
Best prices I can find so far are through my employee purchase program, $64 for Home (full) and $129.00 for Pro (upgrade). I prefer Pro since I use the remote desktop feature a lot.

I also see Office 2003 (full) for $125 for a student/teacher version. It's got what I need, Word, Excel and Outlook. I went partially through the order screen and don't see any requirement to provide proof of being a student or teacher. A bit unethical I guess but their website says this:

M$ said:
Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003 is a suite of popular Microsoft Office personal productivity applications that is priced affordably for students and teachers in grades K – 12 and institutions of higher education.

[H] is an 'institute of higher learning' by one definition, isn't it? ;) I feel a bit guilty about buying a student edition--if I feel too bad I have the full version of 2000, I can live with it, else the full Office suite is $199.

Anyways, can those prices be beat or am I set? I haven't seen anything close to these prices (but I haven't searched really hard for deals.)

Back