Good PC Case for Watercooling?

baldyguy

Limp Gawd
Here is my situation now, I'm searching for a good case right now where down the the line I can upgrade my system and get water cooling? What would you say is a good case to start with that will allow me to install a watercooling system? I was looking at the Aspire Turbo X-Alien which stands about 18 inches tall? So tell me what I should do! Oh yeah I'm willing to spend up to $150.00 for a good size case, or more!

A chieftech-style mid tower would be quite good. You can get them from $60- to (I have no clue) but it should fit your budget.

And make sure you get a good PSU

So most of you guys are saying that Lian Li's are the way to go for Water cooling right?

If so, what case should I get? What sites are good for buying Lian Li cases?

I just want something that is high quality and that will be good, so that when I upgrade my system I can put a water cooling system in it.

The Lian-li PC70 if you can afford it. It runs aroud 170$ unfortunatly. You can fit ANYTHING in there. Its so spacious, I swear the thing echos from fan noise (just kidding, but hey, that thing is huge:D )

Check out www.pricewatch.com for good prices on cases and such.

Krispy Kritter,

Which Chieftech case would you recommend?

Originally posted by Krispy Kritter
I love the Chieftech cases...nice and roomy

Get Aluminum...super light

New Egg has a nice full tower Chieftec alum case for only $70. It gives you lots of room to add goodies, is lightweight yet sturdy. Big side picture window, quite a nice case for the money. Save your money for goodies to go inside instead of blowing it all on overpriced cases.

There isn't one best case for water cooling, and if you plan thing well enough, you don't even have to get a huge full tower case. Before you go out and buy something, I'd figure out where your radiator, pump, and res will go in each case you are looking at. Some smaller cases have room for all you need, but if you need the tower, go for it. The Lian-Li cases are nice, as are the Chieftechs, but I they are not the only two case companies out there that make good cases.

James McGee had it right - don't buy some overpriced case, you can get quality for less than $170

James McGee

I was thinking the same thing where I didn't want to blow my money on a high priced case that can do the same thing.

What's the model number on the chieftec that your talking about

Originally posted by James McGee
New Egg has a nice full tower Chieftec alum case for only $70. It gives you lots of room to add goodies, is lightweight yet sturdy. Big side picture window, quite a nice case for the money. Save your money for goodies to go inside instead of blowing it all on overpriced cases.

Not to hiijack this thread, but anyone know of any good watercooling cases that have removable mobo trays? the cheaper the better :p

btw baldyguy, here's the case McGee was talking about. They also have it with a 450w psu for 95 bucks (only silver's in stock right now tho...)

I think the LIan Li PC70 is perfect, but does anyone know if this is easy to mod? I wouldn't mind saving the extra money and just put a side panel window on there. Are there any articles of people modding these bad boys? I can't find it anywhere.

Originally posted by Hadez026
Not to hiijack this thread, but anyone know of any good watercooling cases that have removable mobo trays? the cheaper the better :p

btw baldyguy, here's the case McGee was talking about. They also have it with a 450w psu for 95 bucks (only silver's in stock right now tho...)

Yeah that is really something you have to have in a wc setup. The only thing I miss about my Chieftec chassi.

It´s a PITA to have to remove mainboard and everything when leaktesting, refilling or such. I always end up not doing it though it would be the wisest thing of course to do it :rolleyes:

If I had a removable tray I would do it every time.

I have an InWin Q500 and that beast has plenty of room and a removable mobo tray. It's a heavy steel monster and doesnt cost too much. Directron has it here. I'm getting ready to watercool mine with a heatercore, danner mag and DTEK block. You can check that out here. I did a bit of work on it though :D

Originally posted by Hadez026

that case is the exact same one i have.. even the same color.. its a nice case.. i have no complaints, although i've never used a lian-li.. but it has enough room for any WCing parts your gonna put in it.. and its not too huge

I have an InWin Q500 and that beast has plenty of room and a removable mobo tray. It's a heavy steel monster and doesnt cost too much. Directron has it here. I'm getting ready to watercool mine with a heatercore, danner mag and DTEK block. You can check that out here. I did a bit of work on it though :D

heh best of luck! let me know how it goes! i'm thinking of getting the Black Ice Xtreme II, it'd fit, rite? i'm thinking putting it in the 5.25" bays (so it'd be cpu wb -> rad -> res (in the 3.5" bays) -> pump) or would it be too long? I realize i could prolly cram this setup in a smaller case, but 1) its my first wc system, i want plenty of space 2) i'm prolly going to wc the gpu and possibly chipset later. i would go heatercore but im not [H] enough :(

Back