Good partition program for Vista 64?

Dapperdan

Supreme [H]ardness
I heard Partition Magic doesnt work with Vista 64, whats a good program to partition some HD space?

I use GParted exclusively. Very happy with it. You boot into it, so what OS you are running is irrelevant.

Parted Magic = Gparted on steroids, and designed by the same people that created Gparted and then moved on to do it better.

And yes, Partition Magic - aptly nicknamed Partition Tragic so long ago - is not Vista compatible, and as it hasn't been updated in 4 damned years, I consider it a dead and useless product.

Parted Magic... that's the one.

Parted Magic = Gparted on steroids, and designed by the same people that created Gparted and then moved on to do it better.

And yes, Partition Magic - aptly nicknamed Partition Tragic so long ago - is not Vista compatible, and as it hasn't been updated in 4 damned years, I consider it a dead and useless product.

Parted Magic... that's the one.

Hmm, so I just decided to try it after you said that and well... its just the same thing with a "slightly" prettier interface... As far as I can tell, thats it.

Im an idiot with this stuff, got anything on the simple side? I dont want to screw anything up

another vote for GParted. I've never used parted magic, but I would guess it's pretty simple, just like GParted.

Check the GParted wiki for a tutorial. Basically, select the drive. Create partition of choice. Profit! Resizing partitions is as easy as dragging the partition to be bigger or smaller.

Oh, and don't forget to hit "apply" to actually make the changes.

What the? Just use the partition manager that comes with Vista! Go to Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management. Works great.

Back