• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Good overclock on a 2200+?

vodEVIL

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
358
Hi, just got a new motherboard and was wondering if this was a good oc for my system.

Processor - Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
Core Speed - 2208.2
Multiplier - x 15.0
FSB - 147.2
Bus Speed - 294.4
Voltage - 1.76-1.79

Temps are around 45- 50o C

Do you see any problems or anything I could change, just left me know :)
 
I havent had a chance to run prime with it, but playing games and that it seems to work fine. I think once in the past 12 hours I had a blue screen error that I had to restart after. Otherwise it ran quite fine.
 
Why dont u take down the multiplier a little and pump up your FSB.
Thats where the performance is.

For instance, you now know the CPU can do 2200. Why not try 11x200, see what it can do.
 
Originally posted by glycerine102
Why dont u take down the multiplier a little and pump up your FSB.
Thats where the performance is.

For instance, you now know the CPU can do 2200. Why not try 11x200, see what it can do.

I cant get a stable high FSB. I think its because im only working with PC2100 RAM. I guess when I get home from school I could try doing 11x200 and see that that gives me.
 
I took his advice and tried doing the 11x200 and it worked out good, just had to up my voltage.
Processor - Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
Core Speed - 2205 (down from 2208)
Multiplier - x 11 (down from 15)
FSB - 200.5 ( up from 147)
Bus Speed - 400 (up from 299)
Voltage - 1.875

One thing though, is my voltage up to high? I can put it down to 1.85 but prime will fail, it seems to not fail on 1.875. I was just wondering cause that seems like its getting kinda high, I dont wanna put too much juice in my processor.

Thanks for the help :D
 
Cool, I'm glad it worked out for u.

Your voltage is okay where its at, but one thing to note is, Prime95 is not Everything . If you fail prime but still run fine in games and other daily stuff then you could take it down a tad.
 
yea, i plan on keeping it here. Aquamark runs good(got 37000) and everything else does. Only thing that doesnt as of now is prime, it says that it sent back a .5 when its supposed to be below .4, but eh, whatever.

Thanks again. :D
 
Back
Top