Good Overclock for 9600gt? (with Accelero S2)

oozish

[H]ard|Gawd
I've got my card maxxing around 60C with a 120fan strapped to my ECS Accelero S2 9600gt. The clocks are 740/1850/1050.

Is this a good overclock for these cards, surprisingly I googled 9600gt overclocks and I'm not getting alot to go by.

edit: whoops just got some errors, make that 720/1800/1000; well, looks like those errors were due to starting fraps up...no worky with ATI tool. I think the first overclock is good

mine is 700/1800/1000 stock.

so its really not that big of an oc.

mine idle at 39 and load is about 45

this is on a palit video card btw.

How are you loading that? I'm running ATI tool to scan for artifacts... Man you've got great temps, I'm serious!

nvm just rechecked

700/1750/1000 are my stock clocks

make sure you have decent airflow in your case.

ive heard that was an excellent cooler but it doesnt do any good if there is still heat in the case.

I run mine at 744 temps have never gone above 55 on stock cooling. Your cooler doesn't seem to be working very good.

Considering the cards come out from 650 to 740 that isn't a great OC.

Ya, I've got a cosmos case it's really not very good airflow despite what maximum pc says, lol.

I run mine at 744 temps have never gone above 55 on stock cooling. Your cooler doesn't seem to be working very good.

Considering the cards come out from 650 to 740 that isn't a great OC.

Temps have never gone above 55 doing what though? If you aren't running Rthribl or ATI Tool test running a game isn't very representative of what I'm comparing it to.

Temps have never gone above 55 doing what though? If you aren't running Rthribl or ATI Tool test running a game isn't very representative of what I'm comparing it to.

If I turn all my case fans to low and play crysis it will bounce up to 55.

Friends Palit 9600 GT 765MHz with that original cooler. Temps maxes out around 50c with dynamic fan control

Back