Good Online Backup Service?

ZzBloopzZ

[H]ard|Gawd
I am looking for a good online backup service. Friend should just need 2-3GB of storage for documents. It is important information for his business so security and reliability is important.

I would like to stay away from Iron Mountain because I hate their utility where you setup what you want to backup.

I have heard great things from Mozy but that was back in 06.

Thanks!

I've also heard good things about Mozy, but your friend could also look into buying some web space which is usually pretty cheap these days. If your friend did buy some web space then he could use SyncBack to setup and automatic backup of what ever folders he wants and then SyncBack would upload them to the web space at what ever time is specified.

I use Mozy (I pay for the unlimited storage). No real performance hit either on my computer or on the internet. The only thing that I've noticed is that they must have an upload cap on their end, because even when I'm plugged into my university network I can only get about 1mbit up. It's not really a huge deal because my home connection is not even that fast on the upload. The thing that I like about it compared to others is that a) it's unlimited storage, b) it stores multiple versions, c) it works anywhere I have the internet and d) it's intelligent in the order it backs things up in (ie documents that change actively like Word Documents, Excel, etc. are backed up before music, video and ISOs).

Mozy or Carbonite it is. I remember diong lil research a year ago and remember these 2 being top.

Thanks guys!

Does anyone use an online backup for a dual boot system (Vista/XP in my case)? Does that create any issues?

Back