Good ole' Daemon Tools =/

StinkyMojo

[H]ard|Gawd
So... I made a few images of my aging Starcraft and Brood Wars discs then proceded to install the latest version of daemon tools w/the SCSI driver thingie. It was all well and dandy until I decided to install far cry.. I totally forgot all about starforce (or at least i think thats what far cry uses). It detected a virtual drive and denied execution of the game. So then I uninstalled daemon tools and a couple daemon folders in regedit only to find out Far Cry still gives me the same error.. I know I must be missing something.. :rolleyes:

thanks for your help

I am not at home put you can dl something that will hide daemon tools when you open some games. It just hides it while you load the game. I will post it later when I get off work

I use d-tools all the time. I just closed it before installing farcry and never had a problem - I can play it fine with d-tools running.

I can also play FarCry fine with D-Tools running. And no, FarCry doesn't use starforce, it uses SafeDisc v3.

which version of DT are you guys using?

edit: im using V4.03HE

2nd edit: is there any way to play it without re-formatting or am I out of luck?

Uninstall and delete the D-tools directory.

I'm also using 4.03HE

EDIT: have you updated farcry to the latest version?

i used far cry dvd that came with my XFX 7800GT. Aparantly it's the UK version. Didn't patch anything up yet.

EDIT: uninstalled DT, dir, and searched for reg keys again and del those. uninstalled FC. rebooted, reinstalled FC, same thing :(

Back