Good News or Bad News for WAR

zoobaby

Supreme [H]ardness
Server merging: http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=688

My first thought was damn, that sucks. Game is good now and has a lot of promise for the future, but damn looks to be dying now.

Second thought, hey, merging is not too bad of an idea. The current population is very spread out and finding ORvR has been a pita at times.

After reading around at some other places, a few more things are clear. The game is not dying 300,000+ active subscriptions is pretty good. Mythic had too many servers to start with in order to insure a smooth launch. They should have consolidated once it was apparent they were not going to need all the servers and not 5 months later.

I am still positive on the game, though my play time is extremely limited.

Server mergers is not bad news. At all. Period.

This is great news. As you mentioned, Mythic overestimated the game's situation at release and made far too many servers. Unlike some other MMOs, WAR completely depends upon having relatively populated servers and this was actually a major reason people quit. This does signify that Mythic made a mistake at release, but this will do far more good than bad for the game in the long-term.

Very good news as I'll be resubbing sometime soon I think.

I quit right after open beta/head start precisely because of the low population density.

At least they are doing the right thing, but they should have done it back in September.

Back