Good news on the Abit AW9 Max

Mabrito

Supreme [H]ardness
I know many of us has been greatly anticipating this board. Over the past couple weeks, we been seeing reviews on it and each review had horrible OC results. I know for some of us this, made it look unattractive. Well Anandtech just did a review on it with a new BIOS and looks like its going to live up to its name afterall:
http://anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2829

Looks really nice... except for that 4 pin molex stuck way above all the pci slots.. at the edge of the pcb.. I'd have trouble getting that plugged in with my case due to a radiator barb being right about there.. Oi!

i think the gold-plated pricetag and the over-the-top legacy freeness kind of puts me off the a9w. if it had had at least two pci's and the price point was better --then maybe.

i would have like to run an abit--i had a ic-7g that was super--back in the good old days--lol

:cool:

revenant said:
Looks really nice... except for that 4 pin molex stuck way above all the pci slots.. at the edge of the pcb.. I'd have trouble getting that plugged in with my case due to a radiator barb being right about there.. Oi!
What is the 4 pin molex used for?

Back