• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Good music player...

ascarytiger

Weaksauce
Joined
May 23, 2005
Messages
67
Since itunes is not supported in vista x64, what is a really good music player? I don't really like WMP.
 
What is your metric for "really good"? Are you looking for just a music player, or also a program that will act as a "jukebox/library/organizer" for your music?
 
'k - next question: is there something specific about WMP 11 that you didn't like or is it more of a "it just doesn't do it for me" feeling? (personally, I'm quite happy using WMP 11 or its near-cousin the Zune software, but it isn't everyone's cup of tea...)
 
and...follow up question: do you have iTunes-purchased tracks to play or is everything you want to listen to DRM free?
 
I have just never liked the feel of WMP, I mean I'll use it if theres nothing horribly better. And no, I have no itunes purchased music.
 
MediaMonkey Free, and good. I'm pretty sure it works on Vista x64... I think.

Anapod Explorer..not free, but worth it. Is Vista x64 compatible.

MediaMonkey has an alpha version that is supposed to work with Vista, but I haven't had much luck with it. (Then again, I didn't like it too much, so I probably didn't try very hard.)

Anapod Explorer is a nice alternative as well - I used their Riorad Explorer until my Rio died. However, if you don't have an iPod and just use iTunes as a library/player, this might not be an optimal solution...

Songbird is another free alternative, but it is also in testing mode so might not be stable/polished enough for your needs.

Depending on what of the look at feel you didn't like about WMP, you could give the Zune software a shot. (It falls into the "similar but different" camp, so it might not fit your tastes either...)
 
Songbird is another free alternative, but it is also in testing mode so might not be stable/polished enough for your needs.

I really like the looks of Songbird, but have had nothing but problems with it so far... but as you said, it's not done yet, so we'll see, I am anxious to see how it works once they've got the bugs out of it.

And, as a side note, I have had quite a bit of success with iTunes and Vista.. just don't auto sync and it seems to work fine for me....
 
Back
Top