Good mouse for graphics work?

stop!theradio

2[H]4U
My current mouse (don't even ask) is crapping out and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I like Logitech, and I only have around $50 or so to spend. Any ideas on something decent?

Any gaming mouse from Logitech will do :)

/agree
You cannot beat Logitech's customer service and RMA process... I'd definitely recommend the G5 or the mx518 (you can get this for $30 in some places). I have the wireless gaming G7 and although I like it for apps and WOW... it sucks with Photoshop and any FPS game.

Note: I've had the MX518 since April of 2005 with thousands of hours of gameplay and use... Still going strong, still the best mouse I've ever owned. This mouse is in the "vintage best" category in my book. MX518@newegg $39.99

Pecision is best for graphics not dpi and speed. With that said the microsoft intellimouse 3.0 is basically the agreed champion of the graphics industry for years and still is. Back a few years ago I happened to check on ebay for one and they were selling them for over 100$ a piece used~! people were freaking microsoft stopped making them so new ones were selling for over 200$ in the box.

So if you want my advice go on ebay and get a refurbished microsoft intellimouse 3.0 you can get them as low as 9-15$

Dont get the newly remade version of it its black ora dark charcoal color. Its made from less quality parts and my new one broke the moouse wheel in 48 hours.

I am a graphics artist and I simply cant imagine a world without the 3.0 mouse!

i use a wacom tablet and a logitech mx 1100

generally speaking though i only use the tablet for a few things here and there

Depending on how much time you spend making graphics, you might want to consider a vertical mouse.
(Mostly for RSI issues. I know a lot of computer-heavy users who use them. I bet they are shit for games though.)
A wacom would be great but they aren't so good for precision. They are more for fluid and natural motion. Not the most ideal for handling bezier curves but it'll do alright...
Well, it's kind of up to you...

Depending on how much time you spend making graphics, you might want to consider a vertical mouse.
(Mostly for RSI issues. I know a lot of computer-heavy users who use them. I bet they are shit for games though.)
A wacom would be great but they aren't so good for precision. They are more for fluid and natural motion. Not the most ideal for handling bezier curves but it'll do alright...
Well, it's kind of up to you...

bezier curves and brushes are about the only thing i use my tablet for actually

I have a G9 in my hand for hours at a time, and its very nice and customizable. The software has many adjustments, non of which I've played with. However It may be slightly out of your price range. I found it for $60 a year and a half ago on Mwave, search around if you want one.
Personally, I'm not a big fan of the other G mice, but I hear a lot of people raving about them.

Microsoft makes quality mice too. I have a MS bluetooth mouse for my laptop and its great.

The MS intellimouse 3.0 is the preferred mouse for professional graphics work and gaming as it is 100% accurate and does not have correctness built in which all of the gaming mice have built in. It only costs like $30 too.

Maybe you should consider a tablet

If so, go with wacom, I have one and they're very good.
Great sensitivity and 0 problems, and the pen is great :)

theres this new tablet that came out, all hi-tech and stuff, im not sure the exact name, but i know it has like 3000 pressure settings or sometin, its siickkk

Back