Good Medium Duty Laser Printer

tdktank59

Gawd
Alright so Ive got a friend who's customer needs a new printer

Here's what he sent me so you can see where he is coming from.
I need a fast laser printer for a customer. He prints a lot of black/white stuff.

He has three HPs in varying degrees of malfunction. He's feeling the HP pain which lately, I have to admit I've been feeling a lot of. HP has been making some really lame printers and mislabeling them to make them appear better than they are. The printers, like most single function hardware, is unrepairable once broken.
So if HP sucks and causes pain, who do you buy?

I've tried Dell which was really Lexmark and they sucked worse than HP.
Five printers died under light use within 3 years.

I've tried Samsung and found them very lightly constructed and they do function well but feel like a firm hand would break them.

None of the printers gets good reviews.
So what should a medium duty laser printer customer buy (black only).

Requirements:
Laser Printer
Fast
Black/White (no color)
Good service record (not breaking alot)
If /when it does break able to either be serviced or user replaceable parts

We use HP Laserjet 1320n models at my work... we have 4 of them, each print around 50-150 pages per day. All have been goin strong for about 3-5yrs now.

I see the Brother and Samsung PLP (personal laser printers) on dealnews.com all the time well under $100.

Well however nice that is...
I think the customer is looking for one that's reliable and can be fixed if it does break...
In otherwise price is of issue but not that much of an issue...

Aren't most of the midrange HP laserjet printers serviceable? At least I thought they were, lol.

I would think so...
Other than whats above I know very little lol...

Other than trying to help him out and educate myself (i want a laser printer sooner or later)

i use a brother HL-2140 that i got for 40$ prints very well and quick ive had it since august and it still works fine... even after a bug went inside and got burned by the laser...

from what my friend says he prints alot id say 200+ a day... and needs it to do that without a hickup

Then I'd go for a higher end midrange HP, like the LaserJet P3005.

Heck, I still have a Laserjet 4 plus at home that I've repaired several times myself, and its still goin strong since '95 (though, it hasn't been used nearly as much since '01, which is when I bought it from a company that was moving, lol). Though, as they say, they don't make 'em like they used to. :(

Then I'd go for a higher end midrange HP, like the LaserJet P3005.

Heck, I still have a Laserjet 4 plus at home that I've repaired several times myself, and its still goin strong since '95 (though, it hasn't been used nearly as much since '01, which is when I bought it from a company that was moving, lol). Though, as they say, they don't make 'em like they used to. :(

Nope. They sure don't! They don't take 5 minutes to warm up like that damn 4+! I hate that thing.

i bought my wife the brother 2140w and she prints about 50 pages a day. I am done with HP forever, they are simply garbage in terms of reliability.

i bought my wife the brother 2140w and she prints about 50 pages a day. I am done with HP forever, they are simply garbage in terms of reliability.

I'm curious... which model laserjet HPs are simply garbage? I'm guessing its the ones that cost as much as a toner cartridge (~$100)?

Again, I ask only because I have quite a few HP LJs (personally and at work), and none have been garbage for me, except the scanner of my 1100... then again, it did last through 5yrs of college with 4 other roommates (yes, we used paper a lot back when I was in college, lol). Though, the actual printer part is still goin strong today.

I'm the original poster or at least the guy this is all about. I'll give a brief history to help:

The 2015's print a lot of pages per day, perhaps 100 to 200 but they like to hang requiring a power off/on to get them running. They cost a lot per page before I just found HP is now selling the 2 x double-toner cartridges which makes them cheaper to live with.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828115207

My Laserjet 4000s print only 100 pages per day but never have an issue at all. They just work.

The HP 4+ prints 300+ pages per day and is slow but its worked since 1993. One of the 2015s died at 2.5 years.

I've lost a number of HP INKjet all-in-ones. They seem to have a life of 2 years.

Brother was worse than HP. They die consistently before 3 years.

I haven't tried the HP3005. I've tried the HP2100 and it has feed issues the others don't using the same paper. It works, but the feed issues annoy the users.

What I'm looking for is a 4000 series printer equivalent. It would surprise me to buy a new HP as their toner chips really are annoying in that the printer ink dies way before its empty and so much of my recent HP history has been filled with dead printers. I jsut want a stable printer like the 4+ or the 4000 series but not in the $799 range.

I hope that clears up the question. Printing 50 pages a day is just a slow morning to me. On average we're printing 200 pages per print per day.

+1 and +1. I have both a Brother 2040 and 2140, and both are SUPERB when it comes to printer. First page prints within 10 seconds of bootup and it does a solid amount of ppm. Printer is cheap and toner is cheap as well. Only downside is that they don't come with a USB cable.

I hated by HP printer from day 1. Granted it was an inkjet, but man, it was buggy all the time.

Firstly go for laser(and not inkjet) printer if you just want to focus on printing black and white printing. My top choice would be Brother Printers. I had HP printers earlier and they really suck. After that I have been using Brother MFC9340CDW . It is an all in one wireless color laser printer. It is still going strong. No problems in printing, No paper jams, Very cost effective, Very fast printing.
Here is an excellent page that you should see before you buy a printer.
http://markmorgangenius.hubpages.com/hub/best-color-laser-printer-list
The page lists the best color laser printers that you can buy. Watch the videos for various printers embedded in the page.
Hope this helps!!

Visit Here: http://markmorgangenius.hubpages.com/hub/best-color-laser-printer-list

Back