Good mATX board for AM2?

Aelfgeft

2[H]4U
New build in the works, not a monster. I'm expecting to overclock a small amount, and Asus has always been good to me. I'm looking for no onboard graphics or sound. If a board does not exist without both, I'd prefer no graphics.

I'm looking at dropping in an AM2 5600 or 6000, an 8800GTS or GT, 2GB of that Ballistix 6400 ram going for cheap, and an X-Fi. It's going to go into an Apevia Q-Pack 2.

New build in the works, not a monster. I'm expecting to overclock a small amount, and Asus has always been good to me. I'm looking for no onboard graphics or sound. If a board does not exist without both, I'd prefer no graphics.

I'm looking at dropping in an AM2 5600 or 6000, an 8800GTS or GT, 2GB of that Ballistix 6400 ram going for cheap, and an X-Fi. It's going to go into an Apevia Q-Pack 2.

All AMD mATX board come with oboard vid and audio right now.

Your thoughts on the following?

Biostar TForce TF7050 $75

Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 2GB $50 shipped amir
* or *
G.Skill DDR2-800 2GB $55 shipped

X-Fi PCI-e $65

If you don't have a case yet, have you taken a look at the Cooler Master Centurion? Great little case. I love the fact it has a 120mm fan opening in the front and dual 80mm's in the rear so ultra quiet fans can be installed and still move some air. I've built a system with one for my sister and her husband and picked one up for myself for my build in progress.

All AMD mATX board come with oboard vid and audio right now.

Your thoughts on the following?

Biostar TForce TF7050 $75

Not bad, but I've heard some horror stories about BioStar's tech support. This Gigabyte is tempting me as well: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128056

Ballistix $49.99 No rebate ;)

Yup, that was the one I was looking at. :)

By the way, we're sticking with XP for a while. Too many reported problems with Diablo 2 in Vista, and the girlfriend is a crack addict for D2. ;) Therefore Vista problems are not important.

If you don't have a case yet, have you taken a look at the Cooler Master Centurion? Great little case. I love the fact it has a 120mm fan opening in the front and dual 80mm's in the rear so ultra quiet fans can be installed and still move some air. I've built a system with one for my sister and her husband and picked one up for myself for my build in progress.

Going mATX so I can use the above mentioned Apevia case. Cause it's pink. I know. She likes pink.

Not bad, but I've heard some horror stories about BioStar's tech support. This Gigabyte is tempting me as well: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128056

Funny.... I'm looking at the exact same GB board as well as the TForce.

WEWT

By the way, we're sticking with XP for a while. Too many reported problems with Diablo 2 in Vista, and the girlfriend is a crack addict for D2. ;) Therefore Vista problems are not important.
Same here... although I'll be tri-booting mine with XP Pro x86, XP Pro x64, and Vista Ultimate x64.

Going mATX so I can use the above mentioned Apevia case. Cause it's pink. I know. She likes pink.
Well then, umm. Yikes. :p

Back