Good Lord! New Crysis video released

Interesting enough video, but 320x180? Smaller than anything I have on my iPod right now, and quite ridiculous considering the number of ads IGN is supported by.

Yeah, I was looking at that video this morning before work. It was so small, I don't think I could be impressed if I wanted to be. At that res it's no better than Far Cry...honestly.

You can select the high rez streamed version which is twice the resolution but still incredibly small. It's enough to show how amazing the engine looks though. I wonder what hardware is running that at 60fps like that? (You can tell it's scaled down from high rez) 8800GTX SLI or just the one card?

looks like a pumped up farcry. nice to see waves but come on lets make them unpredictable! take advantage of all this new hardware

game should kick butt tho. its an eye feast that's fo sho

phide said:
Interesting enough video, but 320x180? Smaller than anything I have on my iPod right now, and quite ridiculous considering the number of ads IGN is supported by.
Like I said in my original post you will only truely benefit from being a member to see the HD version. Hopefully it will get mirrored somewhere were you can get it for free. Just for the record the hd version is 1280x720, please get it right.

G'ßöö said:
looks like a pumped up farcry. nice to see waves but come on lets make them unpredictable! take advantage of all this new hardware

game should kick butt tho. its an eye feast that's fo sho
That would be a physics thing, not a graphics thing...and it would be a huge power draw considering it probably wouldn't affect gameplay even in the slightest.

The hi-res one is MUCH better. I was actually thinking they were cheating by turning vsync off, but as it turns out, that's just that annoying Quicktime bug and non-related to the video.
I think this is the first Crysis video I've seen with vsync actually ON for once...which is a good thing. I'm hoping the G80's and R600's will run it with vsync on with default "normal" details.
Looks good, but I don't think it's that great of a demo for how awesome Crysis can be.
Those E3 jungle videos and battling the gigantic mechanical spider are much more impressive IMO.

Wasn't crysis supposed to be out by now?
I could have sworn it was being released as a DX9 game on XP and then had a DX10 path that would become active on DX10 GPU/vista.

And the HD link above is broked. Top news item on http://www.incrysis.com/

Cyrsis doesnt really excite me... It would have to bring some excellent gameplay and multiplayer to the table or its just pratically a far cry sequal.

nullzero said:
Cyrsis doesnt really excite me... It would have to bring some excellent gameplay and multiplayer to the table or its just pratically a far cry sequal.

That's the beauty. Everyone wants a FarCry sequel.

Video looks great...

EXCEPT..

human movement. While the act of running and walking looks good the transitions from running to a walk or stand still looks goofy (0:47 , 1:02). I think it would also be cool if characters ran or walked a little different. I wouldn't seem that difficult to have approximately 5 different running and walking styles. This would make it much more immersive.

I've seen the high resolution version of the video and I really don't see what all the fuss is about. It doesn't seem all that much better eye candy wise than the original Far Cry and actually seems less impressive than other current generation DX9 titles.

Can someone post some screen caps of this? Please???

I'm at work all weekend and I can't check the site here.

The video looks good, but nothing worth upgrading to run Dx10...

Fear looks just as good with Dx9.

Hopefully linux will learn to run Dx10 games so we can bypass winblows.

Blue Falcon said:
I've seen the high resolution version of the video and I really don't see what all the fuss is about. It doesn't seem all that much better eye candy wise than the original Far Cry and actually seems less impressive than other current generation DX9 titles.
I concur.

I really don't care what it compares to, it's new and I want to play it none-the-less. The graphics look sweet, and I like the waves. I agree, the motion from run-to-walk is really goofy.

Screen shots @ incrysis.com (scroll down, you'll see them)

links anyways:
http://www5.incrysis.com/screenshots/061201-2.jpg http://www5.incrysis.com/screenshots/061201-3.jpg http://www5.incrysis.com/screenshots/061201-4.jpg http://www5.incrysis.com/screenshots/061201-5.jpg http://www5.incrysis.com/screenshots/061201-6.jpg

Hmm.. I dont understand why everybody freaks out about these..

I look at it, and I dont see anything new graphics wise. I see same quality of graphics that other games have implemented, and maybe in some ways even worse looking graphics.

I guess its more of a general "better overall" where one game might have REALLY good looking grass, or water, crysis seems to have a pretty good overall look.. But again, nothing that makes me scream for mercy that I can't play it right now and drool all over the graphics..

It has much better lighting, and the environments are way bigger than anything else. Seriously, compare this to oblivion.

Other games usually showcase closeups of normal mapped faces, that look really, really, good, and Crysis has those too, but it also handles large environment and lighting very well, and that's what they are showing off. Show me another game that handles outdoor environments that well.

Obi_Kwiet said:
It has much better lighting, and the environments are way bigger than anything else. Seriously, compare this to oblivion.

Hmm.. not sure on the lighting thing. You could be right.

As far as "larger environments" that is completely false.

BF2 has same size environments. Oblivion is a thousand times larger. Farcry is the same size, etc. There are tons of games with environments that large..

the resolution is so low, its hard to determine just how it compares to anything. an HD trailer would be much better

damonposey said:
the resolution is so low, its hard to determine just how it compares to anything. an HD trailer would be much better

I havent seen this trailer (the OP's), but I have seen the DX10 Flythrough that was on Digg yesterday. It was full screen, HD, etc. It was not nearly as impressive as I thought it would be..

EDIT: And this isnt the video that was on here, that was a camera's view of a TV showing the flythrough. It was the direct flythrough video.

Looks god, but there are a few thins missing.

The roads still look crappy. With all that physics improvement you'd think they would implement some deformable roads with mud tracks. For now its still tiny textures poorly stitched together. You can even see it in one of the screens linked above.

The animations are still not perfectly fluid, and they all look alike, and this gets annoying. I know its a diferent genre, but Medieval 2 has multiple animations per unit type and asynchronous movement to avoid just this kind of repetition.

Here is the link for the HD version of the DX10 flyover:

http://www3.incrysis.com/incrysis_dot_com_dx10_flyover_HD.zip

I certainly would like to see which DX9 titles have similar graphics to what's being shown in this video. You guys must be getting some beta versions of games we haven't even heard yet :)
Sure, Oblivion looks amazing and it's surely the best looking game out there for now, but Crysis looks even more amazing and it should, since it's a new title. As I've said in previous threads, IMHO no other game compares in terms of graphics, exception made for Alan Wake and Bioshock.

Looks god, but there are a few thins missing.

The roads still look crappy. With all that physics improvement you'd think they would implement some deformable roads with mud tracks. For now its still tiny textures poorly stitched together. You can even see it in one of the screens linked above.

The animations are still not perfectly fluid, and they all look alike, and this gets annoying. I know its a diferent genre, but Medieval 2 has multiple animations per unit type and asynchronous movement to avoid just this kind of repetition.

The game is not finished, so it's more than normal that some things look unfinished or simply not done. In one of the G80 gameplay videos, the main character was swimming and still, his shadow wouldn't mimic his moves i.e. it was static.

Come on, let's be fair, this is one of the first DX10 games.
DX9 wasn't all that impressive when it first came out, but now look.
So just think about what DX10 will do in about 2 years.
The impressive thing isn't what Crysis looks like now (hell, it's still pre-production), what's impressive is the potential that DX10 has. I think that's what these movies exhibit, more than anything.

The game looks really fun, regardless of anything else. Also i trust them after how good farcry was.

Come on, let's be fair, this is one of the first DX10 games.
DX9 wasn't all that impressive when it first came out, but now look.
So just think about what DX10 will do in about 2 years.
The impressive thing isn't what Crysis looks like now (hell, it's still pre-production), what's impressive is the potential that DX10 has. I think that's what these movies exhibit, more than anything.

Thank you

Man i cannot wait...i cannot stop watching that video :eek:

Hmm.. not sure on the lighting thing. You could be right.

As far as "larger environments" that is completely false.

BF2 has same size environments. Oblivion is a thousand times larger. Farcry is the same size, etc. There are tons of games with environments that large..

BF2's environments are way smaller and look like crap compared to this. Its draw distance is so close. Oblivion is about the same size, and ditto on Far Cry, but none of these games have close to the draw distance, not even Far Cry.

BF2's environments are way smaller and look like crap compared to this. Its draw distance is so close. Oblivion is about the same size, and ditto on Far Cry, but none of these games have close to the draw distance, not even Far Cry.

At least not without losing detail.

This game's draw distances aren't anything unseen, but the games ability to hold up the high resolution textures and effects, all at a steady framerate is the key.

Others have been talking about Oblivion. Great draw distance; HORRIBLE textures at relatively close distances, though.

I just got back to my hotel from CES. Luckily today I got around to the main area and got to play Crysis. In person, the game is great, everything it just really alot of fun to mess around with. However, the game isn't complete, optimized, or finished by anymeans, and thats strait from a dev. So keep in mind these screenshots, and youtube videos you are seeing are from an unfinished game, though it is coming along very well. Just as another note, the dev said they "hoped" to get the game out this year, so don't expect it any time soon.

Back