Good Lord! A PINK 8800GT!

Fuschia, magenta... whatever one calls it, it's an interesting choice of colors! :D

if they made an 8800 gt in this color, i'd be all over it

22198.gif

Hi Heather! You share my thoughts on the subject: The color would be a deal-killer for me.

Sr7, nice to see you! Be careful to not cut yourself on the Zalman!

The Zalman = more cushion for the pu... oh wait.. ow.

ehh.. it's not that disturbing to me. My old 5700 had a purpleish PCB, no big deal.

I thought this thing would be like Mattel hot pink or something. That's pretty subdued.

if they gave me a $100 price break on it, I'd take it! :)

Actually that thing would actually look bad ass in my all blue light system, just because I think the blue lights would make the thing glow.

I wouldn't care. Honestly, I only show maybe 2 friends the inside of my systems after builds.

Purple is purple is purple ;) - just because you got it wrong doesn't mean you can call it whatever you want.

Anyway, IMHO yeah not the best color choice, but at least it isn't pink. And at least it's not boring ass green. I'd rather go for black or blue though. Last time I had a purple card it was a POS PNY ti4200, and it fried itself (nee a vreg trace IIRC; in less than 6 months) in the middle of an all nighter AO session, never having been overclocked

This thread confuses me... Have you guys actually gone and looked at your computers? Most systems with windows are pretty damn obnoxious and gaudy, this purple card doesn't seem all that out of line to me when the norm is to have a whole array of strobing christmas lights in your computer already.

I wonder what happened to that guy that wanted to build a "pink" system... I think this is as close as it gets for a power video card lol

I keep my PC on my desk, it has a window on the side. Shows great at lan parties... looks beastly inside with the HR 03 and the TRUE, It's got the brushed aluminum/black look to most of it, save for the blue heatspreaders on my ram and the copper heat pipes on the mobo...

I agree with all the comments. and I'm not a girl too :)

...much less a woman

Hmm it looks kinda like old ECS mobos color ;)

But i guess those Barbie simulators must have some demanding 3d engine :D

Wow, my wife's favorite color!!! Too bad i just got an 8800GTX (better card anyway..)

Wow, my wife's favorite color!!! Too bad i just got an 8800GTX (better card anyway..)

You should get the pink card and tell her "Hey honey, I know your favorite color is pink, so I got this pink graphics card in my gaming rig! It's almost like we're spending more time together!"

But, if you see her with her arms crossed, tapping her foot, dont blame me.

Back