*** Good looking New Cases--What is the BEST case out right now?

sandman78

Gawd
I am looking for a really nice case for a computer I am getting ready to build. I like the Coolermaster Wavemaster case (especially the new blue version coming out), but I was wondering if you guys could recommend some other really nice/good looking cases to look at? I saw a "Silverstone Case" yesterday in a forum and I like some of their cases. I figured since you all do alot of case modding, you would probably know of some really nice cases. I am not going to do any watercooling. The price range for the case can be $400.00 or less. Is silverstone as good as it gets? What would you consider some of the "ultimate" cases? I FOR SURE do not want a beige case tho. Silver, Black, Colors, etc.... would be great! Let me know.

Thanks in advance for help you might be able to offer,
S@ndman

SilverStone SST-TJ03-B is the absolute nicest aluminum case on the market today in my opinion. Nothing else come close. Read some of the reviews.

The next nicest case is the Kingwin KT-424-BK-WM. I like black cases in "cases" you hadn't noticed. :D

Newest Lian-Li cases

Koslov-prd_1194.jpg

Koslov-prd_1195.jpg

These are midtower but they have the same in Full Tower

URL Link to Product Page HERE

Thanks alot for the info. Where is the best place to buy these cases. EggHead? Just curious if there is anywhere better.

Thanks,
S@ndman

those lian-li look great but i hear they have a big problem with cooling and cable lengths. freakin mobo goes upside down. that's really the only reason why i'm not picking one up immediately

ForeverUnknown said:
those lian-li look great but i hear they have a big problem with cooling and cable lengths. freakin mobo goes upside down. that's really the only reason why i'm not picking one up immediately

Eeewww... I didn't realize the mobo went in upside down. I bet that does cause some cable length issues. Makes it that much harder to do a neat wiring job also.

What about the Silverstone Cases? Or the Coolermaster Wavemaster? Have you heard or do you know if the Wavemaster case is easy to work with? I heard someone say that it is a "loud" case. Said his exact setup that didn't make that much noise at all in a antec case is now very loud in the wavemaster. Only heard one person say that tho.

Thanks,
S@ndman

Coolermaster ATC 101b if you can still find it. Designed by the same team that made the silverstone, goes along with the nimiz as one of the best aluminum cases of ALL TIME. Nothing can touch those two. I think I just got the last atc-101b in retail channels the other day from circotech.com...now its gone from their website and not listed on google, froggle, buy.com, pricewatcher, anywhere. I think its gone but if you CAN find it....... :eek:

I saw it going for $320 US one place....lucky I got mine for a lot cheaper...usual retail is around $210-280.

sandman78 said:
I am looking for a really nice case for a computer I am getting ready to build. I like the Coolermaster Wavemaster case (especially the new blue version coming out), but I was wondering if you guys could recommend some other really nice/good looking cases to look at? I saw a "Silverstone Case" yesterday in a forum and I like some of their cases. I figured since you all do alot of case modding, you would probably know of some really nice cases. I am not going to do any watercooling. The price range for the case can be $400.00 or less. Is silverstone as good as it gets? What would you consider some of the "ultimate" cases? I FOR SURE do not want a beige case tho. Silver, Black, Colors, etc.... would be great! Let me know.

Thanks in advance for help you might be able to offer,
S@ndman
did you consider making one?

that lian li case is basically the btx form factor, except the mobo is on the right side, instead of the left

fallsincluded said:
that lian li case is basically the btx form factor, except the mobo is on the right side, instead of the left

I have actually read somewhere that the lian-li v1000 is BTX compatible. Yes/no?

It seems like it follows the BTX standard, at least in terms of cooling.

Check out the new Coolermaster "Cavalier." I just looked at some pics of that thing and wished I wasn't so hasty to order my Wavemaster.

cappy said:
Check out the new Coolermaster "Cavalier." I just looked at some pics of that thing and wished I wasn't so hasty to order my Wavemaster.

I just looked at the Cavalier, and I might get it. Thanks for the info.

S@nDmAn

Anyone know a site that might have this case in stock! I love it. The only thing that concerns me about the majority of SilverStone cases is the extra depth. Their cases are considerably longer than the average case. The thing would stick out from under my desk quite a bit. I still might get it tho. Check it out. It is really nice--> http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-tj05b.htm

S@nDmAn

sandman78 said:
Anyone know a site that might have this case in stock! I love it. The only thing that concerns me about the majority of SilverStone cases is the extra depth. Their cases are considerably longer than the average case. The thing would stick out from under my desk quite a bit. I still might get it tho. Check it out. It is really nice--> http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-tj05b.htm

S@nDmAn

Sundial Micro says ETA end of July. They usually have Silverstone pretty quick. No one else, sorry.

I'd say the best case out there right now are made by SilverStone. I especially like their TJ-03. I'd say it's the best case out there right now. Very good looking, very spacious, very easy to work in, very good build quality. I love mine.

qdemn7 said:
Sundial Micro says ETA end of July. They usually have Silverstone pretty quick. No one else, sorry.

Thanks for getting that information for me! I am going to go ahead and order that from them if they will let me. Once I saw it, my search was over.:D It came down to being between the SST-TJ05-B and SST-TJ03-B Silverstone cases. I like feet on cases, and I guess that is one thing I like about the SST-TJ05-B. Since it will be a month or more before I will be able to get the Silverstone, I went ahead and ordered an Antec Case from NewEgg when I ordered everything else. I like it and I have never owned a case with a window. So for a little while I will get to see what that's like.:eek:. I plan on using it to replace a case for another system in the house once the :DSilverstone SST-TJ05-B:D gets here. Everyone has posted some very nice cases, links, and information in this thread. Keep posting them. This thread will be really helpful for some others searching for a new case.

S@NdmAn

Just to let anyone know that might want the SST-TJ05-B. www.computerhq.com HAS IT IN STOCK. I changed my mind and I ended up ordering the SST-TJ03-B and the Silverstone fan controller from Sundial Micro. I can't wait to get it, but I am sort of worried about the extended depth. I read a review on the case and they had the SST-TJ03 sitting next to some other aluminum case, and the Silverstone looked HUGE. Does anyone have the SST-TJ03 or the SST-TJ03-B? How have you liked it? I saw that MaximumPC gave it their "Kick Ass" Award. My only problem is for $300.00 I think they should at least include a 5.25" floppy adapter. I'm not saying I will have a floppy in this system, but for that kind of money, the adapter should be included. Anyway, thanks for the info, links, and help everyone. Now i just have to sit and chew my nails waiting on it and my remaining parts to arrive.:D

S@nDmAn

Captain Colonoscopy said:
Cancel your order now!! You do not want that case!!! This, right here, my friend is the ultimate case, there are none finer: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-164-040&DEPA=1

:D

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!!! I luckily got thru and cancelled my order for the Silverstone! They asked me why I was cancelling and all I had to do was shoot them the Newegg link you posted. They said they "couldn't compete with that" and immediately issued me a refund!:D LOL!!! I'm kiddin' of course. Seriously tho, I did not notice the ":D" at the bottom of your post and for about 30 seconds I sat and just stared at that case and thought WTF??? LOL!

sandman78 said:
THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!!! I luckily got thru and cancelled my order for the Silverstone! They asked me why I was cancelling and all I had to do was shoot them the Newegg link you posted. They said they "couldn't compete with that" and immediately issued me a refund!:D LOL!!! I'm kiddin' of course. Seriously tho, I did not notice the ":D" at the bottom of your post and for about 30 seconds I sat and just stared at that case and thought WTF??? LOL!

Yeah, sorry about that. I saw that case last week on the egg and I've had to post links to it on every case thread. I'm usually not a sarcastic azzhole but that case brings out the best in me. I think I might actually get one. Its just so damn cheap and it would piss my wife off enough to be worth it. My son would prolly like it though, he's almost 3 and has an unholy obsession with cars. :p

This is a dumb question I know, but what is Silverstone's web address? A quick yahoo/google search only came up with resellers.

Back