• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Good LCD for 3-400?

omega-x

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 21, 2003
Messages
3,073
so far considering the
samsung 940B
Hyundai L90D+
ViewSonic VA1912wb
Or a SCEPTRE X20G-Naga III widescreen
 
yeah. try to check out.
20 dollar shipping
20+ in tax
and 20ish more as a fee for not being a member.

brilliant :)
 
omega-x said:
yeah. try to check out.
20 dollar shipping
20+ in tax
and 20ish more as a fee for not being a member.

brilliant :)
1) You almost can't escape tax, unless you buy from an out of state eTailer
2) Shipping: Buy at a local Costco!
3) Fee....can't help you there
But, it is 100x better than ZipZoomFly, which you said charges 600?
Plus, you can easily return the monitor. I returned my crappy 20.1" Sceptre :p
 
omega-x said:
so far considering the
samsung 940B
Hyundai L90D+
ViewSonic VA1912wb
Or a SCEPTRE X20G-Naga III widescreen

I just ordered a l90D+, it looks like its everything that I want, and at a reasonable price.

8ms GTG response time
High contrast and high brightness
DVI and VGA connections
8 bit panel (hardest to find attribute)
 
if i was gonna get a 19" 4:3 panel i woulda got a samsung 940B. only dell worth getting is the
20 and 24" ws's
 
I looked at a bunch of Samsung's. I thought the text quality was inferior to both the Dell 1905 and about any Viewsonic I saw.

WarHammer
 
I looked at a bunch of Samsung's. I thought the text quality was inferior to both the Dell 1905 and about any Viewsonic I saw.

I'm not 100% on this but I thought Dell mostly uses Samsung Panels. Would that make text look the same on all the below models that share the same panel from Samsung?
BenQ FP91E
Dell 1905
Eizo L768
Eizo L788
Samsung 193P+

Oh, you know what? I'm fairly certain the new 1905 has an AUO panel which would mean the text would look differant.
 
arent lcd pixels square? meaning without cleartype you simply get pixelated font?

every laptop ive had going back to an old pentium 1 has had razor sharp text.
 
The dozen or so Dell 1905's I have looked at have all had the AUO 8ms panel. I do not know whether Dell uses the AUO exclusively in the 1905 now or that all of the ones I looked at were just from the same batch.
The best analogy I can think of with Cleartype is to compare it to Dot Matrix printers with NLQ turned on and off. Both methods are readable. The near letter quality mode just looked better.

WarHammer
 
TheTMan said:
I just ordered a l90D+, it looks like its everything that I want, and at a reasonable price.

8ms GTG response time
High contrast and high brightness
DVI and VGA connections
8 bit panel (hardest to find attribute)

sorry to fill you in on this, but its not an 8bit panel... Google it. If i were to have bought that LCD id be filing a lawsuit against them for false advertising or at least filing a complaint to the BBB. My advice to anyone who asks, stay away from the L90D+...
 
the only time youll notice the difference is when you see something like fog, where you will see slight banding. I doesnt bother me at all that mine isnt an 8 bit panel.
 
Back
Top