Good laptop cooling rack?

DrNic2032

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 5, 2007
Messages
125
As I've started playing PC games again recently I've noticed that my new laptop (Dell Inspiron 1520, Duo2Core 2.4Ghz, 4GB) gets REALLY hot. I've been thinking about getting a laptop cooling rack for the machine but there are a lot of options online, and I wasn't sure if there is anything I should look out for. Does anyone have recommendations?

One thing that I did notice was that a number of the racks that I saw blew air down, away from the machine. On this particular model of laptop however there is a fan intake in the bottom that draws air in so I think I'll need something that blows up onto the machine.

Any help would be great! Thanks!
 
anything that brings it up off of the table or your lap will do a fine job. Getting one with a fan to perform well will really depend on where the fan is in comparison to your laptop vents. One might perform well on one loptop and bad on another.

We saw this with our Vizo mini ninja review
 
You should clean the heatsink out, just blow into the outlet but make sure not to spit. I cleaned my laptop and it went from like 60c idle to 50c idle and load went from 75c to 60c so over a 10c drop just by cleaning it.
 
Really, REALLY clean out your fan(s?) and heatsinks, and put something under the back of the comp to lift it up off the table. Just doing that lowered my temps while playing TF2 about 15-18c. If you can open your case at all (without voiding warranty) so that you can see more heatsinks, do so, and just blow the hell out of it with a can'o'air or a compresser regulated down to a safe pressure.
 
Back
Top