Good inexpensive plan for a unlocked Galaxy Nexus?

I understand that it is pre-paid, but even T-Mobile gives you 30 days to re-fill a Monthly4G account before they switch you to Pay-As-You-Go. Also, I couldn't port the number to GV, because StraightTalk removed the number from my account, and gave it to someone that activated that same day.
I was saying that for the future you could get your number ported to Google Voice so you won't have this happen to you again.

It is mostly dependent on the state of T-Mobile's network in your area. Here in Mobile, AL, I get excellent coverage for about 75 miles, data speeds are ok, not LTE fast; on my Exhibit II, I get around 2-3Mbps down (if I tether my iPad to it, I can get up to 5Mbps). HSPA+ covers the entire city of Mobile, and 3 cities 10 miles east.
That ain't bad at all. I currently get at best about 1.5Mb/sec with my LG Optimus V. most of the time I get between 100-500Kb/sec down.

If you do decide to go with T-Mobile Prepaid, make sure you don't go over your data cap (5GB for the $30/$70 plans, 200MB for $50 and 2GB for $60), even though EDGE isn't so bad (out of the 6 places I travel to for work only one is in a 3G/HSPA area, the others are EDGE), I have no problems accessing my work website and email, but streaming video may be out.
What happens if I go over my data cap? I thought they just throttle back?
The way you put it it sounds like something else happens, but you don't quite say in the post :confused:

For those that may text more you have the $15 unlimited text, $0.10/min option.
Who's that $15 unlimited text for? Sounds like a Verizon plan to me.

EDGE speeds are 70kb/s-135kb/s as per T-Mobile site, that is what he meant I think.

EDGE speeds are 70kb/s-135kb/s as per T-Mobile site, that is what he meant I think.
Yikes, that is pretty slow... Though I highly doubt I'd ever get to 5GB on my phone since I'd be on wifi at home and only ever really need data access in the car for pandora & GPS or when out at a store looking up a item online.

If you're doing multiple people & want unlimited Talk & Text, do Walmart Family Mobile - if you're by yourself, either TMo prepaid or Family Mobile.

T-Mo Prepaid:
http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/monthly-4g-plans

Family Mobile:
https://www.myfamilymobile.com/Support/DeviceSupport/DeviceSupport.aspx?supporttype=RATEPLANS
It's just me on the plan. so far the T-Mobile $30 plan seems to hit the mark. :cool:

Back