Good headsets?

GaleForce

Gawd
Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Messages
761
Are there any good headsets out there? I had a pretty nice $50 plantronics one but lost it somewhere, so now I'm in the market for a new one. I was just going to buy a nice sounding set of headphones but I need a full headset, and was wondering if anyone knew of any good ones. Thanks! :)
 
Price Range?

I would suggest you post that so this thread doesn't get out of hand.
 
None really. I use Klipsch Promedia Ultras so I don't want to dislike having to use a headset. If there is a good headset for around $50 its all I need, but if I need to spend $150 for anything good I'll take a look at that as well.

Basically as long as the price isn't outrageous I'd like whatever sounds sufficient.
 
For 100$ you can get some really good headphones that will bring your plantronics to its knees. :p I'd suggest going for 100$ price range and just let us find you some headsets :D
 
If it's phones with a boom mic you are looking for, as that is what it sounds like, the Sennheiser PC150s at $35 on Ebay will put your Plantronics to their knees, and will also do so to the Altec Lansing AHS602 that's so overpriced.
 
Sony MDR-A44 (or A44L)
They may look bad to some of you (small flimsy looking plastic), BUT... wait till you see the specs... and they are collapsible.
 
Pimp! said:
Sennheiser HD280 pro


only word you need to know, Sennheiser :p

I bought them a month ago, and love 'em! They block outside sounds great, like if you have a loud computer;) . Just a few days ago, I compared them with my old cleapo $20 Sony "behind the head" headphones. The difference is unbelieveable. The bass, as well as the rest of the spectrum, was so much clearer and fuller. I wouln't even think about touching anything less again
 
I've researched this extensively and I'll repeat: the best headset is the Sennheiser PC150. I got mine for $35 on ebay. Also, there is a more expensive set by Sennheiser, but the only difference appears to be that it has a built on soundcard (and it's $100 more).

These guys are right though, you can do much better if you get a seperate mic. I personally can't stand desktop mics.
 
What about the HD555's ? That would work pretty good for him, and he can act like he's in Team3d :p
 
Back
Top