• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Good headphones for PC use?

Joined
Apr 5, 2008
Messages
3,622
Well, my PC is the most used thing...and I use headphones a LOT with it. I have been gaming a lot more on PC recently as well as editing video and such. Really love the Sennheisers I have, but I think I need something a bit better, and with a mic (not required).
So, I've been looking (don't have a huge budget), and found these....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826289001&Tpk=Pulsar SX
Are they nice quality? They are "Virtual 7.1 Surround Sound" which would be nice. They also have a microphone (do wish it was detachable), and look good. Is the microphone very clear as well?

Any other recommendations?
 
Ah Razer was the other company I was looking into. Do they make good headphones? Anything just a bit cheaper? How is the mic on that one?
 
I'd avoid the "gaming phones" and go straight to the hi-fi stuff.

What's your budget?
 
I Recommend Sennheiser HD-555 for general all around use. Decent quality for movies, games, and music.
 
I'd avoid the "gaming phones" and go straight to the hi-fi stuff.

What's your budget?

About $50. POSSIBLY can stretch it.

Was looking at the Creative Fatal1tys again, and I'm liking those. They also seem to have a very good mic.
 
About $50. POSSIBLY can stretch it.

Was looking at the Creative Fatal1tys again, and I'm liking those. They also seem to have a very good mic.

At that budget, the only thing that I can think of recommending are Koss portapros.


Not much to look at, but they'll probably pummel most other headphones in the price range.
 
No thanks on those pair. I'm not all about looks, but those are hideous, and they don't cover my whole ears.
 
No thanks on those pair. I'm not all about looks, but those are hideous, and they don't cover my whole ears.

You seem more into flashy gaming stuff then quality, therefore we can't help you. Those Koss' are a very solid recommendation at your price point.
 
You seem more into flashy gaming stuff then quality, therefore we can't help you. Those Koss' are a very solid recommendation at your price point.

Yes, because I didn't ask for a microphone with the headphones, and I didn't post ones that weren't "flashy gaming things".
Christ, nobody reads anymore.
 
I really like my hp-1s and they work well with or without the razer ac1 sound card. They're not perfect, but for gaming they're great and the mic is removable and positional audio works well (real 5.1), plus they sound great for movies and music as well, in my situation they're great if your surround sound system is too load for you apartment. Plus at 54 bucks they're cheap
http://www.buy.com/prod/razer-barra...razer-barracuda-hp-1/q/loc/111/202924670.html
 
Did those JVC headphones disappear off the face of the planet or something? Figured more people would be recommending those along with the Zalman clip on mic.
 
Christ, nobody reads anymore.

I'm trying to, but your writing isn't entirely clear either.

If it's $50, it's gotta be HARX...okay, there are other options, but this is the shoe-in for audio quality at a low budget.

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HARX900-High-Grade-Full-Size-Headphone/dp/B0013P3ZOE
http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HARX700-H...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1244399563&sr=1-1

Might want to look around at different sellers; Amazon is just easy to link to. There are other options if this doesn't suit you...but gaming phones are anything BUT good for gaming in most cases.

If you need a microphone, Zalman makes one that clips onto your headphone cord and which does a better job than many headset mics.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top