• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Good HD Tester

QwertyJuan

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Aug 17, 2000
Messages
11,285
I just built a system with a RAID 5 controller, with 4 WD1200JB... what is a good program to test it's performance?? Also, what is a good score??

Thanx, QJ
 
Ok, I just remembered using HDTach many many years ago... so I downloaded it... and my scores are

93 mb/sec average read
CPU Utilization was 10%
13.6 ms random access
181mb/sec burst

Are these good scores??

Thanx, QJ
 
Pretty good for a PATA RAID-5 array. Don't expect stellar application/write performance, but it will cook along at a pretty good clip when doing linear reads for media servers and the like.
 
Back
Top