• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Good grief! P45 and compatible RAM

ACBrown

n00b
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
45
Hey guys,

My p35-DS3R has recently been fried by lightning. I was planning on picking up the same motherboard, but it looks like the P45 is the way to go for around 130.00.

Here's the thing. For the life of me, I can't figure out what RAM is compatible with the dumb thing. The Gigabyte website just isn't clear to me (Maybe it's me. Who knows).

But anyway. I've got Corsair 2X1 Gig XMS2 800 Ram. Is that compatible?

And my brother is thinking about getting this motherboard as well, so what memory would be a good pick. I hear Gskill is good. But again, which one?

Thanks guys. What would I do without you?

Austin
 
Thanks man. For some reason the compatibility chart at Gigabyte doesn't make any sense to me.

Again thanks,

Austin
 
RAM is RAM is RAM.

If you're running an E6600 or earlier chip or a Q6600 DDR2-800 is plenty even when OCing.

If you're running an E8400, 8500, 8600, or some of the newer 45nm quads you should probably get DDR2-1000 or 1066 if you intend to overclock.

G.skill, Corsair, Crucial, PQI, A-Data, OCZ, Mushkin, GEIL, TEAM Group, Kingston, SuperTalent. As long as you stick to reputable brands you should be fine -- compatibility lists aren't really necessary anymore.
 
Back
Top